Divisive and flamboyant, maddening and beloved, Marion Barry outshone every politician in the 40-year history of District of Columbia self-rule. But for many, his legacy was not defined by the accomplishments and failures of his four terms as mayor and long service on the D.C. Council.
Gov. Pat McCrory says, "North Carolina has now recovered all of the jobs lost during the recession." That's right, but is it really good news?
- State auditor fires professor who made controversial 'Obamacare' remarks
- House Republicans to make pick for speaker
- Bradshaw concedes state Senate race after recount
- Butterfield to head black caucus on Capitol Hill
- DHHS: Medicaid budget solid for 2015
- Wos, senators spar over death records
- Ride-sharing, home-rental services on lawmakers' radar
- Voller not seeking another term as NC Dems mend fences
- Weekly Wrap: Race for speaker, 'Curtain-gate'
- Mickey for Soil and Water Supervisor
- View More »
Job Promise Explorer
Fact check: How and why
Q&A: Voting law
Margin Of Error: Breaking down the polls
State Capitol behind-the-scenes tour
Q&A: Medicaid basics
NC voting maps
How money flows into elections
Database: Exempt employees
Profiles: NC policy groups shaping political conversation
NC Council of State