House hunters checking out a vacant home on Durham's Trotter Ridge Road Saturday stumbled over the body of a young woman, police said.
Central NC to warm up after overnight freeze
High pressure just north and west of the state is helping create dry, chilly conditions Sunday. But a front moving in from the western part of the country could bring some rain Monday.
- Waving fronds around the world, Christians mark Palm Sunday
Christians around the world are marking Palm Sunday by waving fronds, attending church services and visiting sites in the Holy Land at the start of the Holy Week that ends with Easter.
- Cousin of scaffolding accident victim is 'disappointed' by company's actions
Five days after three men fell to their deaths as the scaffolding on a downtown Raleigh high-rise crumpled, a family member of one of the victims said he is disappointed in how the company is handling the tragedy.
- Coast Guard closes Outer Banks inlet to most deep-sea ships
The Coast Guard is closing an Outer Banks inlet to all but small recreational vessels because collected sand has made the channel too shallow.
- 7 shot and injured at Florida spring break house party
Seven people were injured, some critically, during an early-morning spray of gunfire Saturday at a spring break party on the Florida Panhandle, police said. An Alabama man was quickly apprehended and charged with attempted murder.
- Girl, 4, sneaks out, hops bus in search of 3 a.m. slushie
A 4-year-old girl has grabbed her purple raincoat, slipped out of her house at 3 a.m. and hopped a Philadelphia bus in search of a snack.
More Top News
Men's NCAA Scoreboard
- Decorated Boston cop in coma after being shot in face
- Lee Kuan Yew eulogized at funeral as architect of Singapore
- LA light rail train hits car, partially derails; 21 hurt
- Air Canada plane leaves Halifax runway on 'abrupt' landing
- Run from Cuba, Americans cling to claims for seized property
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,061.02||+4.87 (+0.24%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||54.55||+3.72 (+7.32%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||115.06||-0.42 (-0.36%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.