About 20 runners from the Triangle are in Boston getting ready for Monday's Boston Marathon. Many are running for those injured and killed after a bomb exploded at the race's finish line last year.
Missing Angier girl found safe in Virginia
A 10-month-old Angier girl who was the subject of an Amber Alert on Saturday has been found safe, Durham police said Sunday.
- James, Wade lead Heat past Bobcats 99-88 in Game 1
LeBron James scored 27 points, Dwyane Wade added 23 and the Miami Heat used a late charge to beat the Charlotte Bobcats 99-88 on Sunday in Game 1 of their Eastern Conference first-round series.
- As Wake church rebuilds from fire, Easter message unchanged
It's customary for St. Luke The Evangelist Catholic Church, just north of Raleigh, to have simultaneous Easter services at 10:30 a.m. One is usually in the sanctuary, and the other is in the fellowship hall. But a fire destroyed the sanctuary earlier this year, forcing Father Rob Staley to move one of the services to the grotto.
- Fracking foes cringe as unions back drilling boom
After early complaints that out-of-state firms got the most jobs, some local construction trade workers and union members in Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia say they're now benefiting in a big way from the Marcellus and Utica Shale oil and gas boom.
- Creeping landslide devouring part of Wyoming town
What's happening in this Wyoming resort town might be better described as a land creep than a landslide, but the lack of speed has not hindered the sheer power of the moving earth.
- Delay in ferry evacuation puzzles maritime experts
It is a decision that has maritime experts stumped and is at odds with standard procedure: Why were the passengers of the doomed South Korean ferry told to stay in their rooms rather than climb on deck?
- Bragg same-sex couples part of effort to overturn gay marriage ban
- Architectural style makes comeback in Boylan Heights
- Despite court order, gunfire still sounds at Harnett shooting range
- Memorials, Easter gathering honor slain Hope Mills teen
- Raleigh residents rally to continue cemetery upkeep
- View More »
|—S&P 500||1,864.85||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||106.06||+0.85 (+0.81%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||124.75||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Updated: Harris Teeter Super Doubles deals list!
- Rite Aid deals 4/20: Pepsi, Listerine, Xtra, Pampers & Depend Fit Kit
- Swag Code Alert until 6:00 pm on Sunday!
- Walgreens deals 4/20: Colgate, Ajax, Herbal Essences, Xtra laundry, olives & more!
- CVS deals 4/20: Pepsi, Powerade, Kellogg's cereal, Ajax, Sparkle towels, Angel Soft, Speed Stick Gear, Huggies & more!
- View More »