A woman died and a 14-year-old passenger is in critical condition following a crash Thursday night during a police chase in Garner.
Mike Peterson murder case ending after 15 years
One of the most notorious and longest-running criminal cases in the Triangle is expected to come to a close Friday as Mike Peterson takes a plea in the death of his wife more than 15 years ago.
- Granville officer, suspect hurt during Oxford drug arrest and shooting
Officers with the Granville County Drug Unit were involved in a shooting when trying to arrest a suspect wanted on drug charges ina Bojangles' parking lot off United States Highway 15 in Oxford.
- Advocates pan, business leaders praise new HB2 repeal effort
While groups both for and against a state law that limits LGBT rights are openly critical of a bill designed to repeal it, business organizations are hailing the effort as a good way to get North Carolina back on track after months of negative fallout over the law.
- CBC OPINION
Editorial: End the voting rights case appeal, stop legislative leaders' bickering
Friday, Feb. 24, 2017 -- An effort to end the appeal of terrible voting law changes becomes another push for domination between the legislature's GOP leadership and the Democratic governor. Stop the bickering, end the appeal and let a bad law go away.
- 'Real men provide, real women appreciate it:' Protest set over controversial NC billboard
Women are planning this weekend to protest a North Carolina billboard with a message they say is a slam on gender equality, according to media reports.
- Silver Alert issued for 33-year-old Carrboro man
Police on Friday issued a Silver Alert for a 33-year-old Carrboro man who was last seen at an apartment in the town.
More Top News
|—S&P 500||2,363.81||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||53.95||+0.47 (+0.88%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||118.94||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Two shot near Hillside High
- 'Everything about this case is heart-breaking;' Holden jury now deliberating
- Police: Theft suspect threatened to stab store employees with needle
- Hoke HR director resigns, sheriff's employee fired amid SBI investigation
- Minority medical students mentor the next generation
- View More »
- Thursday Wrap: Legislative drama redux
- Senate committee subpoenas cabinet secretary to testify at confirmation hearing
- Today@NCCapitol (Feb. 23): Once more unto the confirmation hearing, dear friends
- Wednesday Wrap: HB2 upstages confirmation theater
- Bill would lower mandatory school attendance age from 7 to 6
- View More »