Transgender North Carolinians get restroom-access win
A federal judge ruled Friday that two students and an employee must be allowed to use restrooms matching their gender identity at University of North Carolina campuses, and he said they have a strong chance of proving the state's bathroom-access measure violates federal law.
- Orange County mourns middle schooler who died after football practice
Grief counselors will be on hand Monday for the first day of school at Gravelly Hill Middle School in Efland. They'll be available to talk to students, teachers and staff struggling with the death Friday of Frederick Seymour, 13, a rising eighth grader.
- 42-year-old pedestrian struck, killed while crossing I-40W
A pedestrian walking on Interstate 40 westbound on Friday night was struck and killed by a vehicle, officials said.
- Sheriff: Man confesses in killings of 2 Mississippi nuns
A man suspected in the slayings of two nuns found dead in their Mississippi home confessed to the killings, a sheriff said Saturday, in the latest twist to a crime that has horrified people in the small communities where the women served.
- Holden Beach 10-year-old uses popcorn business to buy Christmas gifts for other kids
Pink lemonade, smoky barbecue, birthday cake, southern butter pecan and ranch are only a few of the 30-plus flavors of popcorn offered by 10-year-old Mason Marshall.
- Scams & waste loom as charity millions donated after Orlando
The more than 430 fundraisers posted on the GoFundMe website after the mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando have exposed weaknesses inherent in these popular do-it-yourself charity campaigns: waste, questionable intentions and little oversight.
- McCrory, Cooper battle for law enforcement backing
- Mike Pence coming back to Winston-Salem next week
- Fees grow faster than nest egg in NC employees' pension fund
- Raleigh nonprofit hopes 'pay what you want' pop-ups can help people get healthy meals
- Disney movie magic comes to life for Durham man
- View More »
- Kurdish-led Syria forces face off with Turkish-backed rebels
- Grief erupts in Italy as nation honors, buries quake dead
- Little precedent for $400 million cash payment to Iran
- Nevada becomes one of Trump's big hopes for swing state win
- Warning of 'war' on farmers, Trump seeks support in Iowa
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,169.04||-3.43 (-0.16%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||45.28||+0.03 (+0.07%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||126.05||-0.18 (-0.14%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.