The death toll from Nepal's earthquake soared past 3,300 Monday, and how much higher it would rise depended largely on the condition of vulnerable mountain villages that rescue workers were still struggling to reach two days after the disaster.
Family, friends in Baltimore mourn death of arrested man
Mourners filed for hours Sunday past the coffin of the man who died after sustaining serious injuries in the custody of Baltimore police, somberly paying respects after a night of violent protests.
- What's NC's backup plan if health insurance subsidies knocked out?
The U.S. Supreme Court is considering a case that could strip North Carolina residents of federal subsidies for insurance purchased under the Affordable Care Act. It's unclear how state leaders will react if that comes to pass.
- Man shot, killed in Durham
A 29-year-old man was fatally shot Sunday afternoon in east Durham.
- Warmer temps are coming, eventually
Warmer temperatures are coming this week - but not right away.
- Arrest made in January Durham homicide
A 55-year-old man was arrested and charged Sunday with killing a 30-year-old man in January, Durham police said.
- Two arrested in Fayetteville sexual assault, kidnapping
Two men were arrested and charged with driving a woman from Fayetteville to Raleigh against her will, raping her, then robbing her before running her over with their vehicle on April 7, the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office said Sunday.
More Top News
- Costly, controversial: Lawmakers have just months to tame Medicaid beast
- Durham Academy hosts Special Olympics event for 30th year
- Garden builds sense of community in southeast Raleigh
- Two dead after police chase ends in crash in Moore County
- Man charged with DWI in Granville County tractor-trailer crash
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,117.69||+4.76 (+0.23%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||59.14||+1.05 (+1.81%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||113.05||-1.61 (-1.40%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Mother's Day ideas that won't bust the budget
- Sudan's pyramids, nearly as grand as Egypt's, go unvisited
- Duke Children's, service dog make a big difference to sick child's care
- Hawaii poised to become 1st state to raise smoking age to 21
- Shop and prepare carefully to kill bacteria on frozen shrimp
- View More »