Football Friday: Aug. 22, 2014
Tom Suiter runs through the highlights on the first Friday of the 2014 high school football season.
- Cary police investigate shooting
Cary police were investigating a shooting Friday night on Hyde Park Court.
- Wake County in 'good shape' heading into new school year
Officials in Wake County say they are in "good shape" despite recently receiving nearly 1,200 resignation letters from school teachers.
- Hundreds meet to discuss proposed fracking rules
Officials from the North Carolina Mining and Energy Commission were hearing from the public Friday night on proposed rules for the oil and gas drilling method known as fracking.
- School drill readies Wake first responders for unthinkable
About 160 sheriff's deputies, police officers, EMS crews and school employees participated in an active-shooter drill Friday morning at Ligon GT Magnet Middle School in Raleigh.
- Rocky Mount healthcare provider proactively fighting breast cancer
One health care provider is doing something different to help more women get screened for breast cancer.
|▼S&P 500||1,988.40||-3.97 (-0.20%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||99.03||-0.49 (-0.49%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||123.19||+0.31 (+0.25%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.