Woman killed in three-vehicle crash in Wakefield
A Creedmoor woman died Friday from injuries she suffered in a three-vehicle crash in the Wakefield neighborhood of north Raleigh, police said.
- Former Franklin County Schools worker charged with having sex with students
A Franklin County Schools' employee was arrested Friday and charged with having sex with students, according to the Franklin County Sheriff's Department.
- SW Edgecombe athlete returns to football field after shooting
Quontellas Norwood, a senior, who plays both offense and defense for the SouthWest Edgecombe High School football team, was back on the field Friday night after he was hit multiple times in a drive-by shooting in August.
- Publix coming to Apex
Publix Super Markets has just announced that they will be opening a new store in Apex, NC. Read on for the details.
- McCrory lifts state of emergency for all of North Carolina
Gov. Pat McCrory has lifted a state of emergency declared for all 100 counties in North Carolina due to torrential rains that drenched the state.
- Game Blog: NC State falls at Virginia Tech, 28-13
NC State got out to a 10-0 lead at Virginia Tech Friday night, but three second-quarter touchdowns by the Hokies put the Wolfpack in a hole they couldn't climb out of in a 28-13 win in Blacksburg.
More Top News
- Lawmakers weigh optional insurance overhaul
- State cuing up downtown Raleigh properties for sale, lease
- Appeals court: Asheville water system transfer constitutional
- Advisory letter could permit bigger role for outside groups in NC elections
- Critics say proposal to cut food benefits will hit rural areas hard
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,014.89||+1.46 (+0.07%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.10||-0.14 (-0.29%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||110.87||+1.73 (+1.59%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Americans risk diseases by skipping vaccinations before travel
- NYPD Blue's Lawrence puts star power to work for cause
- US boosts privacy protection on health insurance website
- Research beefing up steaks, hamburgers with healthy omega-3s
- Boom in gene-editing studies amid ethics debate over its use
- View More »