Body buried behind Wendell home identified as missing woman
Authorities said Monday that they have identified a body found last week buried behind a Wendell home as that of a 74-year-old woman who had been missing since last summer.
- Cumberland dog owner cited in Great Dane mauling
A Cumberland County man whose two Great Danes mauled a neighbor during her evening jog a week ago has been cited with violations of county animal control ordinances, authorities said Monday.
- Wake detention officers fired after man found unresponsive in cell
Two detention officers who were working the day an 18-year-old man was found unresponsive in his cell were fired for "conduct unbecoming," according to Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison.
- AP Exclusive: Price tag of North Carolina's LGBT law: $3.76B
Despite Republican assurances that North Carolina's "bathroom bill" isn't hurting the economy, the law limiting LGBT protections will cost the state more than $3.76 billion in lost business over a dozen years, according to an Associated Press analysis.
- Proposed power plant for Duke campus already generating heat
Opponents of a power plant that has been proposed for Duke University's campus say it is unneeded and would expand the use of natural gas obtained through the controversial process of "fracking."
- Panthers counter report that team could be sold
With Carolina Panthers' owner Jerry Richardson on the outs with his sons and growing older, rumors resurfaced Monday that he would sell the team.
More Top News
|▼S&P 500||2,341.59||-2.39 (-0.10%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.26||-0.09 (-0.19%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||119.53||+0.67 (+0.56%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Authorities: Pittsboro woman claimed identity theft to get out of parking tickets
- Highs will reach upper 70s, 80s for much of the week
- 'Still one of us': 92-year-old Fayetteville man gets Purple Heart from WWII
- Sister: Durham inmate who allegedly committed suicide 'really loved life'
- Fire chief: Clubhouse at Raleigh apartment complex is a 'total loss'
- View More »
- Racist sword killer says he'd mulled racial attack for years
- Official: Canada expected to legalize marijuana by July 2018
- Trump signs legislation rolling back Obama-era regulations
- Police: 'No evidence' London attacker associated with IS
- Q&A: Who'd gain from a Trump border wall? Hint: Not Mexico
- View More »
- On Muslims' agenda: Fight anti-Sharia proposals in US states
- Woman guilty of smuggling woman for surrogacy, forced labor
- Kansas man donates 32 gallons of blood over 64 years
- 94-year-old woman honored for 44 years working at McDonalds
- Florida officials: Aggressive efforts to stop Zika continue
- View More »