Arctic air will take over the Triangle for the end of the work week and could bring some winter precipitation with it.
Ex-NCSU professor charged with embezzlement
A North Carolina State University professor resigned Tuesday, one day before he was charged with stealing from three student groups he advised, officials said.
- More waiting on congressional maps with Roberts' request
North Carolina voters and legislators likely will be kept guessing for at least several more days on whether the state's current congressional districts can be used in the March 15 primary or have to be redrawn before votes are cast.
- Middlesex police chief arrested on cyberstalking charges
Chief William Dennis Murray was arrested by the Nash County Sheriff's Office while off-duty Tuesday. Town of Middlesex administrative assistant Tammy Pittman surrendered to police Wednesday afternoon.
- Ex-priest arrested in 1960 slaying of Texas beauty queen
For more than half a century, the unsolved killing of a young schoolteacher and beauty queen who was last seen at church haunted the Texas city of McAllen.
- Raleigh home connects current, former Idol contestants
Raleigh native Jordan Sasser is a top 24 contestant on the current season of American Idol and Clay Aiken, season 2 runner-up, was also a Raleigh native. Aside from hailing from the same city, the families of both contestants lived in the same house at different times.
- FBI says it has surrounded last occupiers at Oregon refuge
The FBI said Wednesday it has moved to contain the last few occupiers of an Oregon wildlife refuge who were part of a protest that began more than a month ago over federal land policy.
|▼S&P 500||1,851.86||-0.35 (-0.02%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||28.33||-0.67 (-2.31%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||114.46||+0.88 (+0.77%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Study finds Zika virus in fetal brain, a clue in outbreak
- Surprise insurance fees often follow medical emergencies
- Report: Harmful gas levels in Lumber Liquidators flooring
- 2 Texas researchers under fire for Planned Parenthood study
- Pope on Ash Wednesday: charity's not to please ourselves
- View More »