A 10-year-old boy and his 5-year-old sister were seriously injured early Thursday after being hit by an SUV as they attempted to board a school bus on Rock Ridge Sims Road west of Wilson, state Highway Patrol officials said.
'Drastically' cooler temps coming behind approaching front
The final two days of the work week will remain warm across central North Carolina, but a blast of cool air is coming this weekend behind an approaching cold front, WRAL meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner said.
- Fire at Moore County farm kills 4,200 hogs
More than 4,000 hogs died late Wednesday when fire destroyed a building at a farm in the Eagle Springs community of Moore County, farm management officials told WRAL.
- North Carolina considers changing grading scale
North Carolina education leaders are considering changing the grading scale for high schools in the state.
- Parents 'helpless' as daughter recovers from serious wreck
Bryan and Veronica Kirby are relying on the strength of prayer as their 16-year-old daughter recovers from a serious accident.
- Phone scam targets Triangle businesses
While serving up cakes, cookies and fresh baked breads, a popular local bakery almost got taken by a scam - one that many others have fallen for.
- Authorities seize 54 marijuana plants from Moore County home
Moore County authorities on Wednesday seized more than 50 marijuana plants worth $104,000 from the back yard of a home in Carthage.
- Reward offered in Duplin gun-shop theft case
- Fayetteville police searching for missing 79-year-old man
- Federal appeals court blocks two changes to NC election laws
- Meredith College students moved after bats found in residence hall
- Urgent care centers seeing patient influx due to virus threat
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||1,934.26||-11.90 (-0.61%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||92.31||-1.86 (-1.98%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||116.97||+0.20 (+0.17%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.