The mother of the man accused of killing a soldier at Ottawa's war memorial then storming Parliament before being shot dead says she is crying for the victims of the shooting, not her son.
UNC advisors steered athletes to sham classes; 9 disciplined
The academic fraud scandal that encircled faculty, staff and student athletes at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill lasted longer and affected more students than previously known, according to a 131-page report released Wednesday by a former federal prosecutor hired by campus officials to conduct an independent investigation.
- Children found in Fayetteville home with meth lab
Three people were arrested Tuesday for manufacturing methamphetamine, including a couple whose children were found in a home with a meth lab.
- A new 'Frontier' in speed: Gigabit Internet hits Triangle
Frontier Chair and CEO Maggie Wilderotter is kicking off the launch of the first gigabit Internet service in the Triangle at an event in Durham today. AT&T is coming, and look for Google Fiber to hit town in December. But for now, Frontier is the only game in the Triangle.
- Early in-person voting begins Thursday in NC
Registered voters who can't wait until Election Day to decide on U.S. Senate and down-ballot races now have the opportunity to vote in person across North Carolina.
- Get in State Fair free Thursday with food donation
Thursday is Food Lion Hunger Relief Day at the North Carolina State Fair, and that means free admission for those who bring a non-perishable food donation.
- Poll: Many doubt hospitals can handle Ebola
Americans have at least some confidence that the U.S. health care system will prevent Ebola from spreading in this country but generally disapprove of the way President Barack Obama and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have handled the crisis so far.
|▲S&P 500||1,954.71||+27.60 (+1.43%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||81.94||-0.15 (-0.18%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||118.07||-1.27 (-1.06%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Weekend Plans: State Fair, Halloween events, children's theater, more
- Allergy Mom: What makes Halloween the scariest night of the year
- Social Media Dad: Rethinking Instagram for tweens
- Chatting about American Girl on Fox 50 morning news Wednesday
- Cary hosts Halloween movie series this week
- View More »