Officials say one person is dead and three others are wounded following an early morning shooting at Northern Arizona University
Tunisian democracy group wins Nobel Peace Prize
A Tunisian coalition of workers, employers, human rights activists and lawyers won the Nobel Peace Prize on Friday for pulling the country that sparked the Arab Spring back onto a path toward democracy and preventing it from descending into civil war.
- Durham police investigating suspicious death
Durham police are investigating after a body was found on Ganyard Farm Way on Thursday evening.
- Cumberland County schools cracking down on tardy students
Cumberland County Schools are cracking down on students who are chronically tardy.
- Obama focusing on condolences, not gun laws, in Oregon visit
President Barack Obama is bringing words of comfort and sympathy to grieving families of victims of the shooting rampage in Roseburg, Oregon, muting his message about the need for new laws to stem gun violence as he visits an area where firearms are popular.
- Rain-swollen South Carolina rivers prompt new evacuations
A number of South Carolina residents near the coast are evacuating and others are piling up sandbags anew outside homes and businesses, bracing for more possible flooding even as the nation's Homeland Security chief is set later Friday to tour areas hit hard by recent heavy rains.
- Raleigh father, daughter accused of running meth lab
A Raleigh man and his 26-year-old daughter were arrested Thursday and charged with manufacturing methamphetamine inside their home while young children were present.
More Top News
- Lawmakers weigh optional insurance overhaul
- State cuing up downtown Raleigh properties for sale, lease
- Appeals court: Asheville water system transfer constitutional
- Advisory letter could permit bigger role for outside groups in NC elections
- Critics say proposal to cut food benefits will hit rural areas hard
- View More »
|—S&P 500||2,013.43||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.10||-0.14 (-0.29%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||109.14||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com