Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Astronomers have discovered what they say is the most Earth-like planet yet detected — a distant, rocky world that's similar in size to our own and exists in the Goldilocks zone where it's not too hot and not too cold for life.
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions _ for now
In a surprise accord, Ukraine and Russia agreed Thursday on tentative steps to halt violence and calm tensions along their shared border after more than a month of Cold War-style military posturing triggered by Moscow's annexation of Crimea.
- DOT worker charged in wreck that killed Tarboro officer
A state Department of Transportation truck driver was charged Thursday in connection with a Tuesday morning wreck that killed an off-duty Tarboro police officer, according to the State Highway Patrol.
- Medicaid program shortfall, consulting fees rankle lawmakers
North Carolina's Medicaid program will likely be $140 million over-budget DHHS officials told a key oversight committee Thursday. Some lawmakers expressed skepticism about a new consultant hired to help streamline DHHS operations.
- FBI: Suspect in kidnapping plot captured
One of two suspects charged this week in the kidnapping of a Wake Forest man has been captured.
- StoryCorps collects oral history at American Tobacco
StoryCorps offers people a chance to record a conversation/interview with someone close to them.
- Suspect in slaying of Raleigh political strategist undergoing mental evaluation
- Cary woman accused of strangling husband may take plea deal
- Trial date set in slaying of North Hills mother
- Heroin, guns, cash seized in Wayne County raid; two charged
- Woman accused in Beaufort County death found dead
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,864.85||+2.54 (+0.14%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||106.06||+0.85 (+0.81%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||124.75||-0.79 (-0.63%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com