A man armed with an AR-15 assault rifle, Kevlar vest and multiple rounds of ammunition was detained outside Cross Creek Mall Thursday evening.
Krzyzewski's success started by 'getting on the right bus'
With 945 career victories, five national championships and two Olympic gold medals, Krzyzewski's success is undisputed. Krzyzewski's success did not start at Duke, however. It started with some advice from his mother.
- No criminal charges to be filed in Duke fraternity rape investigation
Durham District Attorney Roger Echols said Thursday his office will not file criminal charges against members of a Duke University fraternity accused in a sexual assault that allegedly happened at an off-campus party in January.
- Scattered storms Thursday evening could include damaging wind gusts
Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible in the Triangle during the afternoon and evening, and some of the storms could become severe.
- Man shot in Fayetteville after being followed by vehicle
One person was shot Thursday afternoon on Tillman Court near Lakeway Drive in the Arran Lakes subdivision.
- Dramatic legislative turnabout redraws Greensboro council districts
After initially rejecting a plan to redraw Greensboro's city council districts, the House hastily reverses course without debate and enacts the plan.
- Chop shop found in rural Sampson County; authorities seeking to ID suspects
Investigators from the Sampson County Sheriff's Office are working to identify suspects after discovering a chop shop in a wooded area in the southern part of the county.
- Famous portrait photographer Leibovitz makes stop in Triangle
- Police investigate fatal shooting in southeast Raleigh
- Prison leaders hope raises will end lingering officer shortages
- Seventh shark attack reported off NC coast; no pattern detected
- Durham police arrest 25-year-old in connection with January homicide
- View More »
- Boko Haram guns down 97 people praying in mosques in Nigeria
- Police: No evidence of shooting at Washington Navy Yard
- With social media tease, Wisconsin's Walker jumps into 2016
- Gulf states reach $18.7B settlement with BP over oil spill
- Smoke subsides after hazardous rail spill in Tennessee
- View More »
- Thursday Wrap: Hit the road, jack
- Senate gives final approval to regulatory changes, protest petition repeal
- Today@NCCapitol (July 2): Finishing work on protest petitions, environmental regulations
- Senate OKs environmental overhaul bill after tweaks to get DENR support
- Senators give tentative approval to limiting zoning appeals, increased penalties for amusement ride violations
- View More »
- WRAL WeatherCenter Forecast
- Have You Seen This Video?
- Officials discuss unfounded report of DC Navy Yard gunman
CompletedWatch holiday traffic in the Triangle
- Charleston, AME church leaders announce scholarship fund
|▼S&P 500||2,076.78||-0.64 (-0.03%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||59.47||+0.68 (+1.16%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||111.76||-0.22 (-0.20%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.