RST Fiber, a company based in Shelby NC, plans to offer Internet service to homes at gigabit speeds as well as ala carte TV services and super high definition video in the Raleigh area within the next 60 days. While Google Fiber considers building a gigabit network in the Triangle, RST says a statewide fiber optic network is now operational and Raleigh will be one of its first service areas.
NC State's TJ Warren named ACC Player of the Year
Media voters selected North Carolina State University sophomore forward T.J. Warren as the ACC's Player of the Year, the league announced Tuesday.
- Poll: Senate race pretty much a dead heat
House Speaker Thom Tillis has lost his early lead among Republican U.S. Senate candidates, and Democratic Sen. Kay Hagan is statistically even with all eight GOP challengers, according to a poll released Tuesday.
- Boy, 12, dies after being hit by car outside group home
A 12-year-old boy died Monday night after a car hit him as he was walking along a Johnston County road outside the group home where he lived.
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
The Malaysian military has radar data showing the missing Boeing 777 jetliner changed course and made it to the Malacca Strait, hundreds of kilometers (miles) from the last position recorded by civilian authorities, according to a senior military official.
- General's defense to try for plea deal in sex case
Attorneys for an Army general charged with sexual assault said Tuesday that they have decided to try to renegotiate a plea bargain with a new set of military officials after the judge determined that the case may have been improperly influenced by political concerns.
- Temps to soar Tuesday ahead of cold front
Abundant sunshine will help afternoon high temperatures soar into the upper 70s across central and eastern North Carolina Tuesday, some 10 to 15 degrees above normal, WRAL meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner said.
- Dem primary warms up in 2nd Congressional District
- Lawmaker seeks to legalize marijuana oil for NC children with severe epilepsy
- NC Dems need to rebuild financially, new leader says
- McCrory: 'Keep politics out' of coal ash decision
- Mamas, don't let your Cowboys endorse legislative candidates
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||1,870.39||-6.78 (-0.36%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||104.48||-0.50 (-0.48%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||129.89||+0.76 (+0.59%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.