An unidentified pedestrian died early Tuesday after being hit by a street sweeper on U.S. Highway 15/501 in Durham, police said.
Planned Parenthood to forgo payment in fetal tissue programs
Responding to a furor over undercover videos, Planned Parenthood says it will maintain programs at some of its clinics that make fetal tissue available for research, but will no longer accept any sort of payment to cover the costs of those programs.
- Spurrier resigns, takes blame for South Carolina's slide
Steve Spurrier said Tuesday that he made the decision to resign as South Carolina's head coach because the team was heading in the wrong direction.
- Justices hear arguments over life sentences for teenagers
People serving life terms for murders they committed as teenagers were looking to the Supreme Court Tuesday for signals about whether they will have a chance to seek their freedom.
- SAS world's 2nd best 'Great Place to Work'
SAS, the world's largest privately held software company, ranks No. 2 on the latest "Best Place to Work in the U.S." as reported by Fortune magazine. SAS also was second a year ago and has made the list each year since Fortune launched the program in 1998.
- Inspectors check that State Fair rides are ready for thrill-seekers
Inspectors from the North Carolina Department of Labor fanned out across the State Fairgrounds Tuesday for a check of the rides that will welcome thousands of thrill-seekers later this week.
- Clinton, Sanders rivalry in spotlight as Democrats debate
Hillary Rodham Clinton says she always expected tough competition in the Democratic presidential primary. It's likely she didn't expect it would come from Bernie Sanders, the rumpled independent senator from Vermont and a self-described democratic socialist calling for "political revolution."
- Kuechly practices after missing last 3 games with concussion
- Assured Tar Heels team eager for next ACC battle
- UNC's Brice Johnson still working to meet Williams' demands
- Tudor: Bad loss by NC State, hard-fought loss by ECU graded differently
- Canes dealing with more injuries; will start Lack Tuesday
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,008.71||-8.75 (-0.43%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||47.97||-0.82 (-1.68%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||111.67||+0.36 (+0.32%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- 800-pound Rhode Island man says he's determined to slim down
- Dog poop painted Beaver orange to highlight health concern
- Tennessee bride runs to car accident in wedding dress
- Global Hunger: Calamitous famine eradicated in last 50 years
- Bush offers plan to repeal, replace federal health care law
- View More »