Husband: Fayetteville woman charged with animal cruelty tried to care for dog
A Fayetteville woman accused of allowing her dog to starve tried to care for the ill animal, her husband said Monday.
- Durham schools approve snow makeup days, spares spring break
Durham school leaders released snow make up dates on Monday that spare weekends and spring break for students, but extends the school year by two days.
- Johnson: Meteorological spring? It's a real thing
You've heard us talk about March 1 as the start of meteorological spring. There is a case to be made for using the months to define the seasons rather than the solstice and equinox.
- Wife: 'Mind-boggling' that Durham County man could have killed son
Hours after her 4-year-old son died, a Durham County woman told authorities that she found it "mind-boggling" that her husband could be involved in the boy's death.
- Director of NC courts system stepping down
John W. Smith, who has headed the state's Administrative Office of the Courts for six years and who has been the target of recent criticism by Republican lawmakers over same-sex marriage, announced Monday that he is retiring.
- Man hit by CAT bus mirror in Raleigh
A man was hospitalized Monday evening after he was hit by the driver's side mirror of a Capital Area Transit bus.
More Top News
- Sexual assault reported at NC State frat house
- Cary's Goodnight is No. 177 on world's richest list with $7.5B fortune
- Diamond interchange could help ease Triangle road congestion
- Weldon teen accused of shooting in attempted robbery case
- Triangle schools consider make-up days after wintry weather
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,117.39||+12.89 (+0.61%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||56.83||+0.76 (+1.36%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||115.68||-0.48 (-0.41%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.