Neighbors pitch in to landscape modern Oakwood home
After months of debate and court rulings, neighbors bonded together on Sunday to help with landscaping at controversial modern house in Raleigh's historic Oakwood neighborhood.
- Groups protest soring at NC State Fair
One of the most popular events at the State Fair came under scrutiny Saturday after one group expressed concerns for the welfare of the animals in the Tennessee Walking Horse Show.
- Logan Zone: Consistency, Karma and cleanliness
Has the opening coin toss in college football changed? After watching Saturday's college football action, Steve Logan joked that instead of teams picking to start on offense or defense, they are now asked if they will in fact even play defense.
- Obama switches gears, confronting Ebola head on
President Barack Obama delayed acting on immigration and an attorney general nomination this fall to dodge the politics of the midterm campaign season. But there was one topic he could not push aside — Ebola.
- US airdrops arms to Kurds in Syrian town of Kobani
The U.S. military said Sunday it had airdropped weapons, ammunition and medical supplies to Kurdish forces defending the Syrian city of Kobani against Islamic State militants.
- 15-year-old injured in Roseboro hit-and-run
A 15-year-old was hospitalized Saturday night after he was injured during a hit-and-run in Roseboro.
|▲S&P 500||1,886.76||+24.00 (+1.29%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||83.19||+2.02 (+2.49%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||118.99||-0.23 (-0.19%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Amanda Lamb: Gobsmacked
- Grandma, new parent educator helps other grandparents prepare for grandbabies
- Fair Destination: Smokey Bear at the N.C. Forest Service exhibit
- Fuquay-Varina school offers special storytime Tuesday
- Friday Freebie! Win tickets to Life and Science's Pumpkin Patch Express
- View More »