A firefighter was killed and another injured Tuesday afternoon when the fire truck they were in overturned on Sykes Road in Louisburg.
Shootings lead to soaring Durham violent crime rate
A rash of shootings early this year pushed the violent crime rate in Durham up by 30 percent between January and June, compared with the first six months of 2013, according to police statistics.
- McCrory, Tata to unveil NC transportation plan
Gov. Pat McCrory is ready to unveil his administration's plan to help ensure North Carolina has the transportation infrastructure it needs for a growing population in the next generation.
- Siblings injured in wreck near Panther Creek High School
Three Panther Creek High School students were injured Tuesday morning when the SUV they were in collided with a dump truck near the school.
- Male pedestrian dies after being hit by two cars in Durham
A man was killed Tuesday night after being struck by two vehicles on Old Oxford Road between Roxboro Street and Dearborn Drive, Durham police said.
- Fayetteville hopes film will help stem youth violence
Seventh and ninth graders in Cumberland County Schools will soon watch a movie that law enforcement and school officials hope will help reduce the amount of youth violence in the city.
- Ret. Ft. Bragg general: Ground troops likely to fight ISIL
Former Fort Bragg Commander Ret. Gen. Dan McNeill, former commander at Fort Bragg, says ground troops likely will be needed to combat the Islamic State forces in Iraq and Syria.
|—S&P 500||1,998.98||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||95.30||+0.62 (+0.65%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||118.83||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Harris Teeter deals 9/17: BIG Stock up sale, cheese, yogurt & much more!
- ALDI deals 9/17: Onions, grapes, potatoes, oranges & more!
- Food Lion Deals 9/17: Apples, whole chickens, Coke & more!
- Lowes Foods deals 9/17: Potatoes, apples, Simmering Samurai & more!
- FREE Chick-fil-A sandwich with canned food donation today!
- View More »
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com