Six years ago, 15-year-old Kelby Oakley was playing basketball with his friends. Today, he can't open a door or pick up a glass of water.
Wanted: Owner of lost pig in Durham
Investigators with the Durham County Sheriff's Office are searching for a missing owner - of a pot-bellied pig.
- Lawsuits accuse NCCU chancellor of racism, misuse of state funds
Lawsuits filed by three former North Carolina Central University employees accuse Chancellor Debra Saunders-White of discriminating against non-blacks at the school and spending taxpayer money on personal meals, entertainment and home exercise equipment.
- Software glitch can cause iPhones to crash
A newly-discovered glitch in Apple's software can cause iPhones to mysteriously shut down when they receive a certain text message.
- President of company in control of RailHawks indicted in FIFA corruption probe
The president of the company that owns a majority stake in the Carolina RailHawks was one of 14 people indicted Wednesday in an ongoing U.S. corruption probe linked to FIFA that involves bribes totaling more than $100 million.
- Protesters take break from arrests at legislature
Demonstrators hit the pause button Wednesday on protests inside the Legislative Building designed to end in arrests.
- Appeals court says challenge to new Wake school board districts can proceed
A federal judge was wrong to dismiss a legal challenge to new voting districts for the Wake County Board of Education, the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Wednesday.
- RailHawks fans surprised, disappointed to see FIFA scandal hit home
- ACC Baseball Podcast: Pack in, Heels out as NCAA tournament gets underway
- K Academy brings a mix of talent, occupations to the hardwood
- Bulls win streak snapped in 8-2 loss to Red Wings
- Kickoff times, TV selections announced for four ECU games
- View More »
- WRAL WeatherCenter Forecast
- Have You Seen This Video?
- House panel takes up newborn testing, food stand seating
- Justice Department discusses FIFA corruption indictments
- NOAA announces 2015 hurricane forecast
- House committee weighs allowing magistrates to skip same-sex weddings
- Focus on the Carolinas: 2015 hurricane season
|▲S&P 500||2,123.48||+19.28 (+0.92%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||60.73||-0.45 (-0.74%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||113.89||-0.02 (-0.02%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Weekend Plans: Wool E. Bull's birthday, golf, baseball, lavender picking
- Booth Amphitheatre adds shuttle, deals for next week's Tuesdays for Tots
- Durham science museum focuses on sunny days, UV rays
- Theaters, venues gear up for free, cheap summer movies
- Marbles, Moe's team up to build fort at Raleigh museum
- View More »
- Study reveals flaws in gene testing; results often conflict
- Beyond craft brews: Just like foodies, beer geeks go local
- Lawyer: Confinement of chimps for research akin to slavery
- New federal rules on stream protection hailed, criticized
- UN: Fewer hungry people in the world despite wars, poverty
- View More »