Carowinds to close wooden Thunder Road roller coaster
Carowinds says it will close the Thunder Road wooden roller coaster on July 26.
- Sansone, bullpen lift Florida State over NC State 6-2 in ACC championship
John Sansone hit a three-run home run and the Florida State bullpen threw 5.2 shutout innings Sunday as the Seminoles defeated NC State 6-2 in the ACC baseball championship game.
- Bicyclist killed in Durham hit and run
Durham police are investigating a hit-and-run incident that left a man dead.
- Two hurt, one charged in Smithfield shootings
Two people were hurt early Sunday during a shooting at a Smithfield apartment complex.
- Governor: NC residents should prepare for hurricane season
Gov. Pat McCrory is advising North Carolina residents to prepare for hurricane season, which officially begins June 1.
- Marker commemorating Greensboro Massacre to be dedicated
Clearly, the deaths of five communists in November 1979 in a housing project in Greensboro were a tragedy. But beyond that, what word best describes those deaths?
- Freedom Balloon Festival draws large crowds in Zebulon
- Apex survives Charlotte Catholic to win lacrosse title
- Durham police seek public's help to ID bank robbery suspect
- Raleigh police investigating early-morning home invasion; suspects sought
- Burlington woman pleads guilty to DWI after running over infant
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,126.06||-4.76 (-0.22%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||61.86||+0.95 (+1.56%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||115.60||-0.09 (-0.08%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.