Durham County's district attorney says he plans to seek the death penalty against a man accused of killing three students at a condominium complex near the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Car hits power equipment, causes power outage in north Raleigh
Power lines are down on Ligon Mill Road near Louisburg Road due to a vehicle hitting power equipment.
- Wife: 'Mind-boggling' that Durham County man could have killed son
Hours after her 4-year-old son died, a Durham County woman told authorities that she found it "mind-boggling" that her husband could be involved in the boy's death.
- Duke tight-lipped about sexual assault allegations against former basketball player
Duke University leaders had nothing to add Monday to a report in the student newspaper that linked former basketball player Rasheed Sulaimon to sexual assaults on female students.
- $4M in gold reported stolen during robbery along I-95
The FBI and Wilson County authorities are investigating the theft of an estimated $4 million worth of gold reportedly stolen during an armed robbery along Interstate 95 Sunday evening, the sheriff's office says.
- Elizabeth Gardner: 'We're in for some weather whiplash'
The Triangle's normal temperature time of year is 60 degrees, but the weather will be anything but normal this week as temperatures dip as low as 22 degrees and rise as high as 72.
- Sexual assault reported at NC State frat house
North Carolina State University police said Monday they were investigating a report of a sexual assault at a fraternity house.
|▲S&P 500||2,117.39||+12.89 (+0.61%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||56.83||+0.76 (+1.36%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||115.68||-0.48 (-0.41%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Black Madam 'body sculptor' hospitalized, testimony halted
- Federal study: Foster kids struggle to get health screenings
- Young girl's story may lead Idaho to approve marijuana oil
- Small SUVs, pricey sports cars dominate at Geneva auto show
- Crop herbicides play a role in shrinking monarch population
- View More »
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com