Sleeping 6-year-old girl kidnapped, then returned home
A six-year-old Raleigh girl was kidnapped from, then returned to, her home Wednesday morning.
- 10,000 fans expected at WakeMed Soccer Park; traffic delays likely
An estimated 10,000 soccer fans are expected at Wednesday night's sold-out game between the U.S. Women's National Team and Switzerland at WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary.
- More than 10,000 without power in Garner
More than 10,000 Duke Energy Progress customers in Garner were without power Wednesday evening after a tree fell on transmission lines during a storm.
- Two more teens plead guilty in Raleigh greenway murder
Two more teenagers charged in the beating death of a homeless man found dead along a Raleigh running trail two years ago pleaded guilty Wednesday.
- General Assembly sends compromise coal ash bill to the governor
The state House has passed a bill that would require an independent commission to oversee the cleanup of 33 coal ash ponds throughout North Carolina. State senators are expected to approve the measure later today.
- Common Core curriculum begins third year in NC schools
North Carolina public school students are back to school and using the Common Core curriculum for the third year.
|▲S&P 500||1,986.51||+4.91 (+0.25%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||98.93||-0.49 (-0.49%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||124.22||-0.46 (-0.37%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.