Late freeze threatens plants, Saturday plans
Temperatures could dip below freezing in the Triangle early Saturday, putting an early chill on the coming weekend.
- Whistleblower lawsuit alleges UNC-CH housekeepers traded sex for jobs
A former housekeeping manager has sued UNC-Chapel Hill, alleging that he was fired last year after uncovering a scheme where jobs were traded for sex.
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
Italy's highest court overturned the murder conviction against Amanda Knox and her ex-boyfriend Friday, bringing to a definitive end the high-profile case that captivated people on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Police search for Raleigh bank robber
Police are searching for a man who robbed a north Raleigh bank on Friday afternoon.
- With empty shelves, Salvation Army suspends food pantry
The Salvation Army of Wake County is appealing to the public for help to restock its food pantry, which provides groceries to needy families. Supplies are so low that the organization had to suspend the program.
- Workers, others gather to remember victims of scaffolding collapse
Four days after three of their colleagues fell to their deaths as the scaffolding on a downtown Raleigh high-rise crumpled, dozens of construction workers gathered Friday to remember them and comfort each other.
More Top News
Men's NCAA Scoreboard
|▲S&P 500||2,061.02||+4.87 (+0.24%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||54.55||+3.72 (+7.32%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||115.06||-0.42 (-0.36%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- White House unveils plan to fight antibiotic-resistant germs
- Critters found in Antarctic ice show how tenacious life is
- Mental health vetting of pilots ineffective, US experts say
- Diet sodas fall in US; Pepsi takes back No. 2 spot
- House OKs bipartisan Medicare doctor bill; fate up to Senate
- View More »
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com