In honor of a new school year, WRAL News has pulled together some recent data to show how North Carolina's 115 school systems are faring and how they compare to one another.
Police charge driver with murder in Fayetteville pedestrian death
Police on Wednesday charged a man with murder after they say he intentionally ran over a pedestrian in Fayetteville earlier this month.
- EpiPen maker to expand discount programs for pricey drug
Mylan is bulking up programs that help patients pay for its EpiPen emergency allergy treatment after weathering heated criticism about an average cost that has climbed more than 600 percent over the past decade.
- Time grows short as death toll rises in Italy
Rescue crews aided by sniffer dogs dug through crumbled homes Thursday looking for earthquake survivors as Italy again anguished over how to secure its ancient towns and modern cities from the country's highly seismic terrain.
- Booming smartphone sales put focus on photos, aftermarket lenses
Smartphone sales have skyrocketed in the last ten years, and industry analysts predict smartphone sales could reach 1.5 billion units this year.
- Silver Alert issued for 81-year-old Lee County man with Alzheimer's
Billy Van Stanley, 81, was last seen Wednesday afternoon at 5634 Quail Ridge Drive.
- Welcome to the Trump-Clinton conspiracy election
It's a conspiracy: The 2016 campaign features one candidate who warned against the "vast right-wing conspiracy" and another who was a leader of the so-called "birther" movement.
- Federal officials confident in Obamacare exchanges despite lack of choices
- Daughter-in-law says Trump 'has best meaning behind' rhetoric
- McCrory launches new ads on HB2, education
- Study to pinpoint counties' ability to pay for school construction
- State still investigating Blue Cross operations
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,174.03||-1.41 (-0.06%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||45.25||-0.09 (-0.20%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||126.08||-0.26 (-0.21%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- New movies this week: Mechanic: Resurrection, Don't Breathe
- Designer Sonia Rykiel, known for a relaxed style, dies at 86
- Fan-made 'Star Trek' sets become tourist attraction in NY
- John Krasinski's love letter to family and movies he adores
- Raleigh science museum serves up new Final Friday movie night
- View More »