Wake schools holding on final snow make-up dates
Wake County school leaders are awaiting the impact from Thursday night's winter weather before announcing final snow make-up dates, the district said.
- Psychiatrist: Man may have been sleepwalking when he killed his son
A Durham County man wasn't aware of his actions more than four years ago when he killed his 4-year-old son, a forensic psychiatrist said Thursday.
- Neighbors comforted a fading Hahn as she bled after stabbing
Strangers comforted Jamie Kirk Hahn as she lay bleeding in a neighbor's yard on the afternoon of April 22, 2013 - moments after authorities says she was stabbed by a longtime friend in the north Raleigh home she shared with her husband.
- NC education board revokes Raleigh school's charter
The State Board of Education voted Thursday to revoke the charter of a Raleigh school that caters to children with developmental disabilities, citing "grave operational, financial and governance concerns."
- Harrison Ford survives crash-landing on golf course
Harrison Ford crash-landed his vintage plane Thursday after losing engine power, suffering serious but not life-threatening injuries as he used his extensive piloting experience to skillfully bring down the plane on a golf course and avoid nearby homes.
- Former UNC-CH faculty leader resigns in wake of academic fraud scandal
Jan Boxill, a former chairwoman of the faculty at UNC-Chapel Hill, has resigned from the school after being implicated in an academic fraud scandal, officials said Thursday.
- Thursday Wrap: Some surprises here, not there
- Hearing on Wake redistricting bill takes opponents by surprise
- Three branches of NC government meet in lawsuit over appointments
- Today @NCCapitol (March 5): McCrory to release his budget
- GOP bill to redraw Wake commissioners boundaries rankles Dems
- View More »
- Have You Seen This Video?
- Judges hear McCrory lawsuit against lawmakers
- McCrory unveils proposed 2015-16 state budget
- Senate panel takes up Wake commissioners redistricting bill
- Drive 5 in Durham
- Drive 5 in Raleigh
- Joseph Mitchell murder trial (part 1)
- Joseph Mitchell murder trial (part 2)
- Joseph Mitchell murder trial (part 3)
|▲S&P 500||2,101.04||+2.51 (+0.12%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||55.81||-0.13 (-0.23%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||115.00||-0.11 (-0.10%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Wearable charging device translates kinetic energy into power
- 'Superbug' infections hit another Los Angeles hospital
- World's oldest person wonders about secret to longevity
- Fate of Obama health law subsidies rests with 2 justices
- Experts: Ferguson must move quickly to rebuild public trust
- View More »