Smaller Medicaid shortfall could mean more state raises
A key state lawmaker said Thursday that a rosier-than-expected budget forecast for the Medicaid program could mean that there's enough in the 2014-15 budget to provide modest raises to all state workers.
- Cooper settles libel suit from 2000 election
Dan Boyce along with his father and other lawyers sued Cooper over a 2000 campaign commercial that discussed a class-action tax case against the state of North Carolina.
- Jobs for business majors: 'It's out there'
According to a recent report from the National Association of Colleges and Employers, the job outlook for 2014 college graduates is nearly 9 percent better than it was last year, and for business majors, the news is even better.
- Deal reached on calming Ukraine tensions _ for now
In a surprise accord, Ukraine and Russia agreed Thursday on tentative steps to halt violence and calm tensions along their shared border after more than a month of Cold War-style military posturing triggered by Moscow's annexation of Crimea.
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Astronomers have discovered what they say is the most Earth-like planet yet detected — a distant, rocky world that's similar in size to our own and exists in the Goldilocks zone where it's not too hot and not too cold for life.
- Health Team: Father's memoir offers lessons on raising son with autism
Sportscaster Dwayne Ballen has written a book that collects his observations on raising a son with autism.
- DOT worker charged in wreck that killed Tarboro officer
- Suspect in slaying of Raleigh political strategist undergoing mental evaluation
- Cary woman accused of strangling husband may take plea deal
- Trial date set in slaying of North Hills mother
- Heroin, guns, cash seized in Wayne County raid; two charged
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,864.85||+2.54 (+0.14%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||106.06||+0.85 (+0.81%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||124.75||-0.79 (-0.63%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.