Lawsuits filed by three former North Carolina Central University employees accuse Chancellor Debra Saunders-White of discriminating against non-blacks at the school and spending taxpayer money on personal meals, entertainment and home exercise equipment.
Appeals court says challenge to new Wake school board districts can proceed
A federal judge was wrong to dismiss a legal challenge to new voting districts for the Wake County Board of Education, the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled Wednesday.
- Senators pile measures sponsored by Democrats into abortion bill
In a move that gives Democrats a tricky political vote, Republican Senate leaders plan to combine bills stiffening statutory rape laws and protecting domestic violence victims with a measure extending the waiting period for an abortion.
- NOAA predicts 'below average' hurricane season for 2015
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration on Wednesday predicted a "below average" hurricane season for 2015.
- Revised bill would make hunters with firearms wait until after noon on Sundays
A Senate committee has cleared a bill that would allow hunting with rifles and shotguns on Sunday. However, the bill would now require hunters to wait until after noon and still faces opposition from religious groups and some counties.
- Man killed, students hurt in Lucama school bus wreck
A 79-year-old man died early Wednesday when the car he was driving hit the back of a school bus on U.S. Highway 301 in Wilson County, according to state Highway Patrol officials.
- Cafe Tiramisu owner to appear on 'Love it or List it'
Raleighwood Cinema and Grill in Raleigh will host a watch party for the episode on Monday.
- RailHawks begin U.S. Open Cup play Wednesday against Charlotte
- ACC Baseball Podcast: Pack in, Heels out as NCAA tournament gets underway
- Bulls win streak snapped in 8-2 loss to Red Wings
- Kickoff times, TV selections announced for four ECU games
- Tudor: NFL nearing decision about new Los Angeles team
- View More »
- WRAL WeatherCenter Forecast
- Have You Seen This Video?
- House panel takes up newborn testing, food stand seating
- Justice Department discusses FIFA corruption indictments
- NOAA announces 2015 hurricane forecast
- House committee weighs allowing magistrates to skip same-sex weddings
Available SoonHouse debate same-sex marriage recusal bill for magistrates
- Focus on the Carolinas: 2015 hurricane season
|▲S&P 500||2,123.48||+19.28 (+0.92%)|
|—OPEC Oil||60.73||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||113.89||-0.02 (-0.02%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Study reveals flaws in gene testing; results often conflict
- Beyond craft brews: Just like foodies, beer geeks go local
- Lawyer: Confinement of chimps for research akin to slavery
- New federal rules on stream protection hailed, criticized
- UN: Fewer hungry people in the world despite wars, poverty
- View More »
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com
Triangle Area Special Offers
- Click to See All CONTESTS available from WRAL.com
- Quick move-in homes ready now, from the #1 Homebuilder in the Triangle! View Lennar homes.
- 2015 Nissan Sentra s $189/month with no down payment or 0% for 72 months
- 2015 Nissan Altima s $229/month with no down payment or 0% for 72 months
- Myrtle Beach Summer Deals - Up To 40% Off