Wes Craven, the prolific writer-director who startled audiences with iconic suburban slashers like "Nightmare on Elm Street" and "Scream," has died. He was 76.
Prominent pastor of NC church shot dead while cleaning gun
The pastor of a Southern Baptist church in Charlotte is dead from a gunshot wound while cleaning his gun.
- Family remembers Danny Lotz at memorial service
Lotz, who is the son-in-law of Reverand Billy Graham, died earlier this month.
- NAACP 'Journey for Justice' marches through North Carolina
The "Journey for Justice," an NAACP march that began in Selma, Ala. and will conclude in Washington D.C., arrived in North Carolina this weekend.
- Police investigate motive in ambush of Houston area deputy
The man charged with capital murder in the fatal shooting of a uniformed suburban Houston sheriff's deputy had a lengthy criminal record going back a decade, but never spent more than short stints in jail.
- One killed in Orange County crash
One person was killed Sunday morning in a crash on N.C. Highway 54 in Orange County, authorities said.
- Members of 'third house' shape public policy
Businesses and interest group pour millions of dollars into lobbying the General Assembly every year in order to influence everything from taxes to health policy.
More Top News
- 1st African-American actor to play Valjean on Broadway dies
- Foodie news: End of August brings brace of new restaurants
- Survey: Generation LOL most irked by grammar, spelling slips
- 'Elementary' star Lucy Liu is a first-time mom to Rockwell
- Ballerina Misty Copeland calls Broadway debut 'incredible'
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,988.87||+1.21 (+0.06%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||42.37||+1.86 (+4.59%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||108.70||+0.97 (+0.90%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.