An unidentified man was killed early Saturday when shots were fired into an SUV near the intersection of North Duke Street and Horton Road, Durham police said.
- HighSchoolOT: Triangle teams kick off 2014 football season
- Weekend starts warm, muggy
Storms moved through central North Carolina Friday evening helping to bring a wet and muggy start to weekend.
- Robber killed in Cumberland County home invasion
A 23-year-old man attempting to break into a home south of Fayetteville was shot and killed early Saturday, according to the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office.
- Cary Towne Center to unveil indoor playground Saturday
Cary Towne Center will unveil its $1 million investment on Saturday - a new indoor playground featuring all manner of soft play toys for young kids to climb all over.
- From the White House to London, NCSU professor to receive latest award in Amsterdam
On Saturday, North Carolina State University engineering professor Jayant "Jay" Baliga will be in Amsterdam to receive the highest award in his field - the Medal of Honor from the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Wake County in 'good shape' heading into new school year
Officials in Wake County say they are in "good shape" despite recently receiving nearly 1,200 resignation letters from school teachers.
|▼S&P 500||1,988.40||-3.97 (-0.20%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||99.03||-0.49 (-0.49%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||123.19||+0.31 (+0.25%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.