Dead raccoon found in Cumberland neighborhood tests positive for rabies
A raccoon killed and buried by two dogs Sunday in a Spring Lake neighborhood tested positive for rabies, Cumberland County health officials said Tuesday.
- Nash-Rocky Mount schools superintendent resigns due to 'will of the board'
Anthony D. Jackson, superintendent of Nash-Rocky Mount Public Schools, resigned Monday evening after a lengthy closed door meeting with school board members.
- Attorney: Cary teen's death an accident, not murder
The death of a 16-year-old Cary girl last week was an accident, not murder, an attorney for one of the four people accused in the girl's death said Monday.
- Officials evacuate four small businesses in Raleigh due to gas leak
Four small businesses on Hillsborough Street were evacuated Tuesday morning after a gas leak, Raleigh police said.
- Fayetteville police: Man shot, killed in late-night robbery
A man was shot and killed in a car late Monday during a robbery in southwest Fayetteville, according to police.
- Expert: Hard to pinpoint cause in shark attack spike
Six people have been bitten by sharks off the North Carolina coast within a 17-day stretch this month, but an expert said Monday that trying to find a reason for the sudden spike is difficult.
- Amber Alert issued for Bladen County girl, 15
- Fayetteville couple involved in fatal shooting had history of domestic violence
- Another NCCU professor alleges racial discrimination
- Supreme Court orders new hearing in NC anti-abortion plates lawsuit
- Tarheel Q remains closed; 200 cases of salmonella reported
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,064.03||+6.39 (+0.31%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||58.24||-0.90 (-1.52%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||112.27||-0.80 (-0.71%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.