Gov. Pat McCrory says he doesn't understand what problems bills filed under the "religious freedom" banner are trying to solve.
Police: Durham teen's death not random crime
A Durham teen whose body was found in a backyard a couple of miles from her home on Saturday likely knew her killer, Police Chief Jose Lopez said Monday.
- NSA: 1 dead after car rams police vehicle at Fort Meade
Officers opened fire after two men dressed as women refused to stop Monday at the National Security Agency gate at Fort Meade and then smashed into a police vehicle blocking the road, officials said. One of the men died, and the other man and the officer were hurt.
- High court: NC sex offender can challenge GPS monitoring
The Supreme Court ruled Monday that a North Carolina sex offender should have another chance to challenge an order that he wear a GPS monitoring bracelet around the clock and for the rest of his life.
- Tudor: Look for UNC, NC State atop preseason polls
N.C. State and UNC easily could begin Nos. 1 and 2 in some order in preseason ACC outlooks.
- Bond doubled for Durham motel shooting suspect
A District Court judge on Monday doubled the bond for a man suspected of shooting his girlfriend late Sunday, noting his violent past.
- UNC grad assistant football coach charged with DWI
Gerald McGrath, a graduate assistant football coach on Larry Fedora's staff at the University of North Carolina, was arrested early Monday after police found him asleep at the wheel of his running car.
More Top News
Men's NCAA Scoreboard
- The week ahead: Mellencamp, Beer Month
- 'Innovate Your Cool:' Tech diversity program joins Art of Cool Festival
- Taylor Swift wins artist of the year at iHeartRadio Awards
- Attorney: Robin Williams' wife wants to keep wedding tuxedo
- Trevor Noah set to replace Jon Stewart on 'The Daily Show'
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,088.03||+27.01 (+1.31%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||52.93||-1.62 (-2.97%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||113.81||-1.25 (-1.09%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com