A 68-year-old man who was bitten by a shark Wednesday afternoon off Ocracoke Island said he feels "fortunate" to have survived the encounter.
Scattered storms Thursday evening could include damaging wind gusts
Scattered showers and thunderstorms are possible in the Triangle during the afternoon and evening, and some of the storms could become severe.
- Man shot in Fayetteville after being followed by vehicle
One person was shot Thursday afternoon on Tillman Court near Lakeway Drive in the Arran Lakes subdivision.
- Dramatic legislative turnabout redraws Greensboro council districts
After initially rejecting a plan to redraw Greensboro's city council districts, the House hastily reverses course without debate and enacts the plan.
- Chop shop found in rural Sampson County; authorities seeking to ID suspects
Investigators from the Sampson County Sheriff's Office are working to identify suspects after discovering a chop shop in a wooded area in the southern part of the county.
- Rolling Stones rock Raleigh
The Rolling Stones played Carter Finley Stadium at N.C. State University on July 1, 2015. They were joined by The Avett Brothers.
- NAACP leaders meet to discuss KKK flier distribution
North Carolina NAACP leaders reacted Thursday to recruitment fliers distributed in Johnston County by the Ku Klux Klan.
- Boko Haram guns down 97 people praying in mosques in Nigeria
- Police: No evidence of shooting at Washington Navy Yard
- With social media tease, Wisconsin's Walker jumps into 2016
- Gulf states reach $18.7B settlement with BP over oil spill
- Fire still burning after hazardous rail spill in Tennessee
- View More »
- Senate gives final approval to regulatory changes, protest petition repeal
- Today@NCCapitol (July 2): Finishing work on protest petitions, environmental regulations
- Senate OKs environmental overhaul bill after tweaks to get DENR support
- Senators give tentative approval to limiting zoning appeals, increased penalties for amusement ride violations
- Senate moving bill to regulate ride-sharing services
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,076.78||-0.64 (-0.03%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||59.47||+0.68 (+1.16%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||111.76||-0.22 (-0.20%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com