Wait over? McCrory, Google plan announcement
Google will host a press conference to discuss "what's in store for our community" in Raleigh on Tuesday afternoon. The Wall Street Journal says the Triangle and three other cities will be announced as Google Fiber expansion sites.
- Wake Forest: Man offers girl pills; incident is 6th of 'stranger danger'
An incident involving a child was reported in Wake Forest Monday night - the sixth such occurrence in the Wake County town within a month.
- Changes at IBM create, eliminate thousands of jobs
Like a pendulum, world media jumped on a report that IBM was cutting some 26 percent - or more than 100,000 jobs. Then IBM issued a sharply worded denial. The media responded, widely reporting that news. But the fact remains: IBM acknowledged that a lot of jobs will be lost in a restructuring but Big Blue also is on a hiring binge.
- Bodies found after Ga. couple lured by Craigslist contact
Three days after Bud Runion posted an ad on the website Craigslist that he was seeking to buy a 1966 Mustang convertible, he and his wife set out for a small farming community in southern Georgia to meet with a potential seller. Then they vanished.
- Balloon crew hits halfway mark in bid to break records
Pilots Troy Bradley of New Mexico and Leonid Tiukhtyaev of Russia set off from Saga, Japan, shortly before 6:30 a.m. Sunday Japan time en route to North America.
- Obama says US must catch up to ensure drones are safe
President Barack Obama says U.S. laws and regulations haven't yet caught up with technological developments that have made drones readily available.
- Northeast-bound flights out of RDU canceled ahead of snow
- Court-martial finds former Bragg prosecutor guilty of rape
- Peace, harmony as Wake commissioners, school board discuss growth needs
- Man accused of breaking into downtown Raleigh's The Oxford
- Man accused of stealing $36K in property from Raleigh home
- View More »
|—S&P 500||2,057.09||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||42.90||-0.79 (-1.81%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||122.99||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.