Durham police charged a 26-year-old man Saturday afternoon after investigators say he killed an employee of a gas station on North Roxboro Street during an early-morning robbery.
Skateboarder dies after being hit by truck in Durham
A 23-year-old Durham man died early Saturday after being hit by a truck while skateboarding on Spruce Street, police said.
- America celebrates July 4 with parades, hot dogs, cold beer
The United States marks 239 years as an independent nation on Saturday as it celebrates the Fourth of July with parades, fireworks, naturalization ceremonies, eating contests and music. Here are some highlights and lowlights of Independence Day celebrations across the country:
- Two Cuban baseball players defect while on trip in North Carolina
Ahead of Friday night's game between the USA Collegiate National Team and the Cuban Senior National Team at Durham Bulls Athletic Park, two Cuban baseball players have defected while in the United States.
- Conway declares state of emergency due to 'recent criminal activity'
The mayor of a small town in Northampton County issued a state of emergency Friday due to what he called "recent criminal activity" in the area.
- Man surrenders to police 14 hours after barricading himself in Fayetteville home
An 81-year-old man who police say threatened a neighbor with a weapon was taken into custody early Saturday after barricading himself in a northwest Fayetteville home for about 14 hours.
- Showers, storms possible through holiday weekend as front stalls
A stalled front and area of low pressure will keep the weather unsettled across North Carolina throughout the Fourth of July holiday weekend.
- Matt Stonie tops Joey Chestnut in hot dog eating contest
- Military recruits still not using American-made sneakers
- Government faces burden in proving airlines worked together
- Forgiveness of Charleston church shooter prompts discussion
- Taiwan stands up to China with World War II military parade
- View More »
|—S&P 500||2,076.78||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||58.99||-0.48 (-0.81%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||111.76||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Aetna to buy Humana as health insurer landscape shifts
- 3-year-old organ donor saves lives, connects families
- Could insulin pills prevent diabetes? Big study seeks answer
- BP to pay record $18.7 billion to states affected by spill
- Cricket-packed milkshakes gaining popularity at Ohio burger joint
- View More »