The wife of the Orlando nightclub shooter, who was extensively questioned by federal agents in the days after the massacre, was arrested by the FBI on Monday in connection with the attack, a U.S. law enforcement official told The Associated Press.
NC governor: Talks continue with GOP to repeal LGBT law
A deal with legislative leaders to repeal a bill that directs which bathrooms transgender people can use in some buildings is still possible, Gov. Roy Cooper said Monday after he spoke at a Martin Luther King Jr. Day event in Charlotte.
- Accidental shooting at Cumberland gun range wounds one
One person was wounded Monday afternoon in an accidental shooting at a Spring Lake gun range, authorities said.
- Interfaith Prayer Breakfast brings hundreds together on MLK Day
Nearly 1,000 people attended the Interfaith Prayer Breakfast on Monday to celebrate the life and work of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Four arrested after rolling gunfire in Winston-Salem
Police said William Rameriz Toribio, 18, Fredy Toribio, 21, Isben Cruz, 18, and Donato Cisneros, 25, were shooting out the windows of a moving car while riding down East Clemmonsville Road near the ramp to westbound Interstate 40.
- Who are the 8 richest people? All men, mostly Americans
The eight individuals who own as much as half of the rest of the planet are all men, and have largely made their fortunes in technology. Most are American, with one European and one Mexican in the mix. Several have pledged to give it all to charity.
- One of FBI's 'most wanted' captured in Texas
Terry A.D. Strickland, a man wanted for a double murder in Wisconsin and listed among the FBI's Ten Most Wanted, was arrested in Texas Sunday morning.
|—S&P 500||2,274.64||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||52.64||+0.34 (+0.65%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||114.21||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Springsteen cover band catches heat for inaugural event
- John Lewis books sell out on Amazon day after Trump's tweets
- Wilmington lands 2nd season of TV series 'Good Behavior'
- 'Hidden Figures' keeps orbit at top; Affleck, Scorsese flop
- PBS Kids round-the-clock TV, online channel launches Monday
- View More »
- As robots take jobs, Europeans mull free money for all
- Graduate student aims at lofty goals for honoring John Glenn
- Love it or hate it, people have opinions on the circus
- Thousands rally to resist Republican health law repeal drive
- Gadget mountain rising in Asia threatens health, environment
- View More »