Jailed clerk's attorney: Marriage licenses for gays are void
A jailed Kentucky clerk asserted that marriage licenses issued without her authority Friday to gay couples in Rowan County are void and "not worth the paper they are written on" because she didn't authorize them, her attorney said.
- NC rules for Uber, other app-based ride companies now law
Gov. Pat McCrory has signed into law state regulations for ride-sharing companies where potential customers use smartphone apps to hail drivers and complete cashless transactions.
- Descendant of slave, slave owner forge friendship with a message
Gladys Robinson longed to know more about where she came from. She starting looking into her family history and learned that her great-great-grandmother, Mariah Bunn Speight, was a maid at Stonewall Manor Plantation, which was built in Rocky Mount in the 1830s.
- VA outpatient clinic expected to cut Fayetteville wait times
After seven years of planning and construction, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs will open an outpatient clinic in Fayetteville in November.
- Marine from Virginia killed in 'hard-landing' crash at Camp Lejeune
The U.S. Marine who died during a helicopter accident at Camp Lejeune was part of a Virginia-based anti-terror and security team training on how to use ropes to access difficult terrain, officials said Friday.
- Woman to armed robbers: 'What if I was your sister?'
Durham police arrested five people early Friday following several armed robberies in the eastern part of the city.
- US jobless rate falls to 7-year low; Fed move still unclear
- Florida college band member gets 4 years in hazing death
- Refugees in Hungary start moving west on foot; buses offered
- Clinton: I didn't 'stop and think' about email system
- Contours of landmark UN climate pact starting to take shape
- View More »
- WRAL WeatherCenter Forecast
- Have You Seen This Video?
- Officials: 'Hard-landing' crash that killed Marine happened during high-risk training
CompletedTriangle traffic picks up as holiday weekend kicks off
- WRAL Evening News
10pWRAL Late News
|▼S&P 500||1,921.22||-29.91 (-1.53%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||47.37||+1.84 (+4.04%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||107.49||-0.35 (-0.32%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.