Coach K gets 1,000th win as No. 5 Duke tops St. John's 77-68
Coach 1K. How grand.
- Gigabit internet access a boon for the Triangle
Marc Hoit, vice-chancellor for information technology at N.C. State University, says Google Fiber in the Triangle would be a huge benefit for residents.
- Blizzard expected for 250-mile stretch of Northeast
A "potentially historic" storm could dump 2 to 3 feet of snow from northern New Jersey to southern Maine starting Monday, crippling a region that has largely been spared so far this winter, the National Weather Service said.
- Three family members killed in Hoke County crash
Three family members were killed Friday night in a two-vehicle wreck south of Raeford, officials with the North Carolina State Highway Patrol said.
- Man shot, killed while robbing Raleigh hotel room
A 36-year-old man was shot to death at Sun Suites Extended Stay Hotel in Raleigh early Sunday as he and another man attempted to rob someone inside a hotel room, police said.
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe in Miami
Miss Colombia Paulina Vega, a relative pageant newcomer, has been crowned Miss Universe, beating out first runner-up Miss USA Nia Sanchez and contestants from more than 80 other countries at Sunday's pageant in Miami.
|—S&P 500||2,051.82||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||43.69||+0.64 (+1.49%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||124.23||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Added protections for consumer information on health website
- Rarely used procedure helps retired preacher's heart beat strong
- Study: Hacking threat makes password strength more important than ever
- Boston Marathon winner to present Raleigh with award for Rock 'n' Roll Marathon
- Measles outbreak casts spotlight on anti-vaccine movement
- View More »