Family seeks prayer, privacy following Cumberland County shooting
Family members of two people killed Wednesday when Andrew Michaelis fired shots into a mobile home outside Fayetteville were asking for prayers and privacy Thursday as investigators continued to look for motive in a wild shootout that left three dead and three Cumberland County deputies injured.
- Audit: NCTracks waiting on cost-saving federal approval
An audit released Thursday says North Carolina health officials have failed to achieve federal certification for the state's new Medicaid payment system more than a year after its launch.
- Fayetteville police: Bragg soldier was victim of fatal apartment shooting
Fayetteville police said Thursday that Justin Moore, a 21-year-old soldier stationed at Fort Bragg, was the victim of a fatal shooting on Wednesday at the apartment complex where he lived.
- Durham police reviewing investigation into Duke student's 2008 murder
A day after Durham prosecutors lost a high-profile trial involving the robbery and fatal shooting of a Duke University graduate student, the city's police chief said he is reviewing how the department handled the murder investigation.
- Doctor with Ebola shares treatment with NC missionary
Kent Brantly, the American doctor and Samaritan's Purse fellow fighting Ebola in Liberia, is living the group's mission even as he fights the deadly disease, according to Samaritan's Purse President Franklin Graham.
- 'Messy' weekend on tap as warm front approaches central NC
Moisture associated with a warm front will begin making its way into central North Carolina on Thursday, marking the beginning of a wetter pattern that will linger throughout the weekend, WRAL meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner said.
|▼S&P 500||1,941.83||-28.24 (-1.43%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||105.21||-0.23 (-0.22%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||123.50||-1.33 (-1.07%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
Triangle Area Special Offers
- Click to See All CONTESTS available from WRAL.com
- Lennar Homes has a gift for YOU! Closing costs, options, appliance packages and more!
- Lennar Homes has a gift for YOU! Save up to $10K on select homes--and more!
- Save BIG - Everything under the Sun at JR in Selma
- $5000 Off MSRP Every 2014 Nissan Altima in Stock