Strangers, family gather to remember slain Wilson 7-year-old
Dozens attended a memorial service Thursday night for Kamari Jones, 7, who was shot and killed July 23 after a bullet passed through his bedroom window and struck him in the head.
- US border poses no obstacle to repeat felon
Although the thousands of children streaming across the U.S.-Mexico border has recently garnered nationwide headlines, people who treat the border like a revolving door make a moral and political debate over immigration reform more complicated, especially for local law enforcement.
- Wreck closes Holloway Street in east Durham
Three people were seriously injured Thursday night in a two-vehicle wreck on Holloway Street near Rochelle Street, Durham police said.
- Local sales tax cap comes back
House and Senate leaders have agreed on a retooled bid to limit urban counties' ability to raise sales taxes. That could leave Wake County voters with a tough decision this fall.
- Bigamy may have led to Cumberland Co. shooting
Andrew Michaelis, who investigators said killed two people and injured three Cumberland County deputies after a shooting spree on Wednesday, was married to a woman in Michigan, sources confirmed. Michaelis' wife in North Carolina found out about the other woman last week, which may have sparked the arguing that led to Wednesday's incident, sources said.
- Tracking the Tropics: Preparing for the Storm #staysafeNC
Hurricanes aren't just a coastal problem - they've ravaged our state from Manteo to Murphy. But are you ready?
- Report: UNC system should remove students from sex assault hearings
- Lifeguards hope research, education can help swimmers recognize rip currents
- Wilson police arrest man in 7-year-old's shooting
- Time Warner Cable to offer faster Internet service in Raleigh
- One arrested, two sought in theft of cars from Cary neighborhood
- View More »
|—S&P 500||1,930.67||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||103.57||-1.64 (-1.56%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||123.39||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.