Harrison Ford survives crash-landing on golf course
When a man battles Darth Vader, Nazis and other evil-doers for work, what does he do for fun? Harrison Ford's answer is found in a pilot's license and the freedom to take to the skies at will.
- Schools delayed due to possible slick spots
School closings and delays
- McCrory pitches $21.5 billion budget
The new budget follows through on a pledge to raise the starting salaries for teachers and puts $115 million into new job-recruitment and tax credit programs. Gov. Pat McCrory is not proposing a tax increase.
- Three reasons Apple's watch will - or won't - change the game
No one can argue that many Apple devices have changed the way people live their lives. The company's iTunes, iPhone and iPad have shaken up music, phone and computer markets worldwide. Is the Apple Watch going to be able to do the same?
- Psychiatrist: Man may have been sleepwalking when he killed his son
A Durham County man wasn't aware of his actions more than four years ago when he killed his 4-year-old son, a forensic psychiatrist said Thursday.
- Wake schools holding on final snow make-up dates
Wake County school leaders are awaiting the impact from Thursday night's winter weather before announcing final snow make-up dates, the district said.
More Top News
- Thursday Wrap: Some surprises here, not there
- Hearing on Wake redistricting bill takes opponents by surprise
- Three branches of NC government meet in lawsuit over appointments
- Today @NCCapitol (March 5): McCrory to release his budget
- GOP bill to redraw Wake commissioners boundaries rankles Dems
- View More »
|—S&P 500||2,101.04||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||55.77||-0.04 (-0.07%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||115.00||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Kidney donation sets off chain of transplants at SF hospital
- Flu winds down as FDA aims for better vaccine next winter
- AP Exclusive: Ringling Bros. eliminating elephant acts
- Wearable charging device translates kinetic energy into power
- 'Superbug' infections hit another Los Angeles hospital
- View More »