President Barack Obama has signed a one-week funding bill for the Homeland Security Department, keeping the agency open after a showdown that went right up to the brink.
RDU-Toronto flight makes emergency landing in Pennsylvania
An Air Canada flight from Raleigh-Durham International Airport to Toronto made an emergency landing Friday afternoon in western Pennsylvania.
- Black ice a threat again Saturday morning
Sunshine and temperatures in the low 40s will help melt ice and snow left on the area's roads on the final day of the work week, but another blast of cold air that will arrive for the weekend could make slick conditions an issue for several mornings.
- Crews respond to Raleigh house fire
A fire broke out at a home in Raleigh Friday night, authorities said.
- Basketball tournament held in memory of Chapel Hill shooting victim
A three on three basketball tournament was held Friday night at NC State in memory of Deah Barakat, one of three students who was killed in Chapel Hill.
- State judge allows voter ID lawsuit to proceed
A Superior Court judge has refused to strike down North Carolina's voter ID law but will allow a trial on the matter to go forward this summer.
- Leonard Nimoy, famous as Mr. Spock on 'Star Trek,' dies
In 1975, Leonard Nimoy published an autobiography with the defiant title, "I Am Not Spock" — an attempt to show the world he had many more facets than the pointy-eared character that had come to define him.
- Congress OKs 1-week bill to keep Homeland Security open
- Gunman kills 7, commits suicide, in house-to-house rampage
- Obama pitches privacy bill, Democrats say it falls short
- Unmasking of 'Jihadi John' as a London lad shocks Britain
- Desperate Afghan avalanche survivors await rescue on roofs
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,104.50||-6.24 (-0.30%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||56.07||+2.26 (+4.20%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||116.16||+0.09 (+0.08%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- UN says limit use of personal audio players to 1 hour a day
- The big melt: Antarctica's retreating ice may re-shape Earth
- Debate rages over color of dress photographed in rare light
- As tastes change, big food makers try hipster guises
- Study: Smokers may tap into multiple sources for nicotine
- View More »