Lawmakers: Safety training 'imperative' for concealed carry permits
A loophole in the law that allows people to carry a concealed weapon without taking a gun safety course has drawn the attention of lawmakers, who say they'll look for a fix.
- Man charged with DWI in Granville County tractor-trailer crash
A Stokes County man was charged with DWI and commercial DWI Friday evening after the tractor-trailer he was driving crashed on U.S. Highway 56 in Granville County.
- Lynch's mother: New AG will be 'best they've ever had'
The daughter that Lorine Lynch reared in Durham has become the chief lawyer for the U.S. government.
- Shop and prepare carefully to kill bacteria on frozen shrimp
In tests of hundreds of pounds of frozen shrimp, Consumer Reports found bacteria present in 60 percent of samples.
- Exotic animals bill has sanctuary operators roaring
North Carolina is one of a handful of states with no state law regulating the ownership of exotic animals. A bill backed by a number of animal advocacy groups would change that, but some say it could put wildlife sanctuaries out of business.
- Mower driver charged after motorcyclist killed in Johnston crash
A state contractor has been charged after a motorcyclist was killed Friday morning in a wreck on eastbound N.C. Highway 42 in Johnston County.
- Tudor: Pirates ponder Dowdy-Ficklen projects
- Panthers' Cam Newton ready for spring, summer workouts
- Manuel: ACC tourney field still up in the air as baseball season winds down
- Duke upsets No. 1 Notre Dame 13-8; advances to ACC MLax Championship
- Goldsboro's Beamon aims for Golden Glove title
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,117.69||+4.76 (+0.23%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||59.14||+1.05 (+1.81%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||113.05||-1.61 (-1.40%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.