Lawmakers propose dumping Common Core standards in NC
North Carolina would begin walking away from the Common Core standards for math and English in public schools under proposed legislation that a student committee approved Thursday.
- GOP Senate candidates make some questionable claims
No separation of church and state? And are we advertising federal benefits in Mexico? WRAL News fact-checks the statements made during Wednesday night's GOP Senate debate.
- Beltline paving won't affect traffic, NCDOT says
Paving began Thursday on the Interstate 40/440 project in Raleigh known as Fortify, but transportation officials said the work will not affect traffic.
- Uber comes to NC's capital city
Uber, the app that connects people who need rides with those who want to offer them, launched in Raleigh Thursday.
- Triangle doctor says Afghanistan violence won't deter medical mission
Dr. Randall Williams has made frequent visits to a hospital in Kabul, Afghanistan, where three American volunteers were killed.
- Durham man arrested for 15th time
A Durham man was arrested for the 15th time Wednesday after sheriff's deputies found a stolen gun and drugs in his home.
|▲S&P 500||1,878.61||+3.22 (+0.17%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||104.99||-0.20 (-0.19%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||124.56||+0.80 (+0.65%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Swag Code Alert until 5:00 pm on Thursday!
- Excellent example of buying healthy and organic products with coupons!
- New Target mobile coupons including produce!
- Bath & Body Works: Free item with $10 purchase!
- New Checkout 51 offers starting today: Oranges, Hillshire Farm deli lunchmeat, Sparkle towels, Pop Secret, Aveeno baby & more!
- View More »