A monument in Maplewood Cemetery in Durham honoring local Confederate soldiers was vandalized overnight.
Blue Cross to sell iconic Chapel Hill headquarters to SECU
Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina has agreed to sell its elevated, glass, rhomboid-shaped headquarters building in Chapel Hill to the State Employees Credit Union for $35 million as the insurer prepares to shift its operations to Durham.
- New NC moped rules, local tax repeal take effect Wednesday
The Division of Motor Vehicles now needs to know more about North Carolina's moped owners and will be offering a new standard license plate option beyond the "First in Flight" theme.
- Raleigh could adjust some traffic signals as Fortify delays build
Crews rebuilding Interstate 40 in south Raleigh will take a break late in the week for the Fourth of July, but lane closures, reductions and more traffic in the Fortify zone will arrive soon after the holiday weekend.
- Man killed in Fayetteville house fire; cause unknown
A 55-year-old man was killed late Tuesday in a fire at a northwest Fayetteville home, officials said.
- Official: Fire at South Carolina black church wasn't arson
A fire that destroyed a black church that 20 years ago was a target of the Ku Klux Klan was not the work of an arsonist, a federal law enforcement official said Wednesday.
- Obama: US embassy in Havana marks 'new chapter' in Cuba ties
President Barack Obama announced Wednesday that the U.S. and Cuba will reopen their embassies in Havana and Washington, heralding a "new chapter" in relations after a half-century of hostility.
- Massive assault on Egypt army in Sinai kills 53 troops
- Greece proceeds with vote plan as creditors rebuff overture
- Emails show top officials aware of Clinton's private address
- 2 convicted murderers practiced night before prison breakout
- Western wildfires: Flames plague hot, dry Washington region
- View More »
- US prevails in 2-0 victory over top-ranked Germany
- Hurricanes place Semin on waivers, plan to buy out remainder of contract
- Yow savors Wolfpack's work to reach goal of Top 25 status
- Primed for playoff push, RailHawks open fall season Saturday
- Big names, big markets in pursuit as NBA free agency opens
- View More »
- Katy Perry caught in property dispute between nuns, archdiocese
- Culinary students create desserts for Rolling Stones backstage
- Jennifer Garner, Ben Affleck say they're getting divorce
- Cheryl Burke, Thomas Roberts won't host Miss USA
- Dining with the underground Snap Pea pop-up supper club
- View More »
- WRAL WeatherCenter Forecast
- Have You Seen This Video?
- Call for Medicaid expansion renewed
- AG Loretta Lynch in Triangle to discuss human trafficking
- Obama speaks on US, Cuba agreement to open embassies
- WRAL Noon News LIVE
2pSenate takes up regulatory reform, repealing protest petitions
4pWRAL Evening News
|▲S&P 500||2,074.64||+11.53 (+0.56%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||58.79||+0.55 (+0.94%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||112.21||-0.16 (-0.14%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.