Android phones can be hacked via text
New research suggests that nearly a billion Android phones are capable of being hacked simply by receiving a picture via text.
- Body believed to be missing California girl, 8, found
The search for a missing 8-year-old girl came to a tragic end after police found a body inside a trash bin at a Northern California complex where she was last seen riding her scooter. A teenage boy, who also lives in the complex, was arrested in the case.
- Transgender in the Triangle: 'There is no script on how to do it'
Candis Cox knew something was wrong by age 6. Kelton Hollister knew by late elementary or early middle school. They didn't know how to define their struggle at the time, but both would later learn the word for it - transgender.
- Microsoft launches Windows 10: Here's what that means
Microsoft's new Windows 10 operating system debuts Wednesday, as the longtime leader in PC software struggles to carve out a new role in a world where people increasingly rely on smartphones, tablets and information stored online.
- Trooper uses PIT maneuver to stop chase
A wild chase and crash on Interstate 40 in Johnston County early Tuesday sent one man to the hospital with minor injuries.
- Kania used fake ID at two bars before fatal crash
The 20-year-old college student charged with murder after a wrong-way crash July 19 on Interstate 85 used the driver's license of a fraternity brother to drink at two Chapel Hill bars before he got behind the wheel, according to a search warrant released Monday.
- Players eager for 'food money' as cost of attendance set to take effect
- RailHawks' Leo Osaki patiently fighting to return to the field
- Tudor: Media misjudgments could be Pack's schedule, Hokies' offense
- Clayton to name football stadium for Nixon, Fowler
- Panthers' Martin contemplates retirement after back injury
- View More »
- Trial begins for parents accused of providing alcohol to minors LIVE
NoonWRAL Noon News
2pSenate takes up 'revenge porn,' access to cellphone locations
|▲S&P 500||2,078.56||+10.92 (+0.53%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||51.29||-0.79 (-1.52%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||104.99||+0.13 (+0.12%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Software turns smartphones into tools for medical research
- Half of Columbia River sockeye salmon dying due to hot water
- In an Afghanistan awash in arms, a push to ban toy guns
- Brain disorder center's closing sends ripples nationwide
- State health insurance markets struggle with cost challenges
- View More »