Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard
Vietnamese air force planes spotted two large oil slicks Saturday in the region where a Malaysia Airlines jetliner disappeared, the first sign that the Boeing 777 with 239 people aboard had crashed.
- Wake County cancels makeup day, SAT tests; Person, Vance also closed
School officials in Wake, Person and Vance counties canceled makeup days scheduled for Saturday due to slick road conditions.
- Sex, drugs, profanity among NC's rejected license plates
The North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles has rejected more than 6,000 personalized license plate submissions, mostly due to sex, drug and profanity references.
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
A pregnant South Carolina woman pointed to the ocean, locked the doors and rolled up the windows, telling her three children she was "trying to take them to a better place" as she drove her minivan into the surf, authorities said.
- At 50, landmark libel case relevant in digital age
Singer Courtney Love hadn't been born and tweeting was reserved for birds when The New York Times won a landmark libel case at the Supreme Court in 1964.
|▲S&P 500||1,878.04||+1.01 (+0.05%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||104.37||-0.87 (-0.83%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||129.09||-1.08 (-0.83%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Reminder: Free Krispy Kreme doughnut on Sunday!
- Walgreens deals 3/9: Milk, Colgate toothpaste (FREE!), Xtra laundry detergent, orange juice & more!
- CVS deals 3/9: Lancaster caramel candy, Coke, Suave, Almay, Stayfree, Huggies & more!
- What's for dinner this weekend?
- Share the deals & questions: Weekend edition
- View More »