Bicyclist killed in Durham hit and run
Durham police are investigating a hit-and-run incident that left a man dead.
- Missouri suspect in killing of woman, teen son is dead
A man accused of holding his former girlfriend captive in a crate at their home in western Missouri then fatally shooting her and her teenage son, was shot and killed Saturday, authorities said.
- Apex police K-9 helps authorities find missing woman
An Apex police K-9 finishing its first week on the job helped authorities locate a missing woman Friday night after she walked away from her home.
- Marker commemorating Greensboro Massacre to be dedicated
Clearly, the deaths of five communists in November 1979 in a housing project in Greensboro were a tragedy. But beyond that, what word best describes those deaths?
- Officers patrol waterways during busy holiday weekend
With thousands of North Carolinians expected to cruise the state's waterways this holiday weekend, officers with the Wildlife Resources Commission are reminding boaters to stay safe.
- Streets calm a day after protest of Ohio officer's acquittal
The streets largely remained calm Sunday morning after police in riot gear made numerous arrests overnight of protesters angered by a patrolman's acquittal in the deaths of two unarmed black suspects in a barrage of police gunfire.
More Top News
- Durham police seek public's help to ID bank robbery suspect
- Raleigh police investigating early-morning home invasion; suspects sought
- Imaginations, balloons soar at inaugural Freedom Balloon Festival
- NCAA again finds fault with UNC athletic program
- Fayetteville private school headmaster takes leave of absence amid investigation
- View More »
- Putin signs Russian law to shut 'undesirable' organizations
- 'Bold' Ireland votes to legalize gay marriage in landslide
- China readies national carbon market to fight climate change
- NSA winds down once-secret phone-records collection program
- Pipeline that leaked wasn't equipped with auto shut-off
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,126.06||-4.76 (-0.22%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||61.86||+0.95 (+1.56%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||115.60||-0.09 (-0.08%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.