Missing Angier girl found safe in Virginia
A 10-month-old Angier girl who was the subject of an Amber Alert on Saturday has been found safe, Durham police said Sunday.
- Supreme Court to hear dispute about TV over Internet
Thirty years after failing to convince the Supreme Court of the threat posed by home video recordings, big media companies are back and now trying to rein in another technological innovation they say threatens their financial well-being. The target is startup Aereo, which takes free television signals from the airwaves and sends them over the Internet to paying subscribers in 11 cities.
- Apex police app uses technology to combat crime
Police officers in one Triangle town have a new addition to their crime-fighting arsenal - smartphones.
- Teen OK after riding in wheel well of Hawaii jet
Officials say a 16-year-old boy is "lucky to be alive" and unharmed after flying from California to Hawaii stowed away in a plane's wheel well, surviving cold temperatures at 38,000 feet and a lack of oxygen.
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
South Korean President Park Geun-hye said Monday that the captain and some crew members of the sunken ferry committed "unforgivable, murderous behavior," while criticism of her own government's handling of the disaster grew.
- As Wake church rebuilds from fire, Easter message unchanged
It's customary for St. Luke The Evangelist Catholic Church, just north of Raleigh, to have simultaneous Easter services at 10:30 a.m. One is usually in the sanctuary, and the other is in the fellowship hall. But a fire destroyed the sanctuary earlier this year, forcing Father Rob Staley to move one of the services to the grotto.
- Nearly 96,000 lbs of Oscar Mayer Classic Wieners recalled
- High Point husband, 31, died in Raleigh half-marathon
- Bragg same-sex couples part of effort to overturn gay marriage ban
- Architectural style makes comeback in Boylan Heights
- Despite court order, gunfire still sounds at Harnett shooting range
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,867.44||+2.59 (+0.14%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||106.06||+0.85 (+0.81%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||123.95||-0.80 (-0.64%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.