North Carolina would begin walking away from the Common Core standards for math and English in public schools under proposed legislation that a student committee approved Thursday.
Uber comes to NC's capital city
Uber, the app that connects people who need rides with those who want to offer them, launched in Raleigh Thursday.
- NC Museum of Natural Sciences receives national award
The North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences is one of 10 recipients of the 2014 National Medal for Museum and Library Science, the Institute of Museum and Library Services announced Thursday.
- Peace students back faculty, not president in protest
Dozens of William Peace University students staged a demonstration Thursday to protest moves by the school's administration that they say damages campus life and the value of their education.
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
The federal government wants to ban sales of electronic cigarettes to minors and require approval for new products and health warning labels.
- Early voting for NC primary underway
The 2014 primary sees the implementation of a number of new laws that govern who can vote, when and how.
- Afghan hospital guard kills three American doctors
An Afghan government security guard opened fire Thursday on a group of foreign doctors at a Kabul hospital, killing three American physicians and wounding a U.S. nurse, officials said.
|▲S&P 500||1,876.63||+1.24 (+0.07%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||104.99||-0.20 (-0.19%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||124.46||+0.70 (+0.57%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- New Target mobile coupons including produce!
- Bath & Body Works: Free item with $10 purchase!
- New Checkout 51 offers starting today: Oranges, Hillshire Farm deli lunchmeat, Sparkle towels, Pop Secret, Aveeno baby & more!
- Harris Teeter Super Doubles brag thread!
- Just the Basics best weekly deals!
- View More »