Three hospitals in the state scored top marks in a new federal rating system designed to help patients access more information about how healthcare facilities measure up.
People, pooches pack downtown Raleigh for SPCA walk
Hundreds of people and their dogs packed the streets of downtown Raleigh on April 18, 2015, for the 16th annual K9-3K Dog Walk benefiting the SPCA of Wake County.
- Fort Bragg soldier killed in training exercise at Louisiana base
A 19-year-old soldier stationed at Fort Bragg died Thursday during a training exercise at a base in Louisiana, base officials announced Saturday.
- Wake Forest police charge woman with helping runaway juvenile
Wake Forest police are asking for the public's help to find a 45-year-old woman who authorities say has assisted a runaway juvenile.
- Driver flees after hitting Fayetteville school bus
A driver who rear-ended a stopped school bus in Fayetteville Friday afternoon ran from the crash, police said.
- Hobbyists show off handiwork, raise money for a cause
Dozens of hobbyists showed off their handiwork Saturday in Fayetteville while raising money for children who lost a parent in war.
- Stancil's appearance, crime a shock to grandparents
Danny and Joyce Edwards, grandparents of the man charged with Monday's murder of a Wayne Community College employee, say the belligerent, tattooed shooting suspect is not the grandson they know.
- Marco Rubio-Jeb Bush alliance sours in GOP primary faceoff
- Islamic State blamed for Afghan suicide bombing killing 35
- Victims of California gas-line blast released from hospital
- First WWI gas attack produced new horrors, changed warfare
- Volunteer deputy sold company, went back to police work
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,081.18||-23.81 (-1.13%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||58.88||+1.87 (+3.28%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||115.60||+0.57 (+0.50%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.