Bicyclist killed in Durham hit and run
Durham police are investigating a hit-and-run incident that left a man dead.
- Two hurt in Smithfield shooting
Two people were hurt early Sunday during a shooting at a Smithfield apartment complex.
- Marker commemorating Greensboro Massacre to be dedicated
Clearly, the deaths of five communists in November 1979 in a housing project in Greensboro were a tragedy. But beyond that, what word best describes those deaths?
- Carter says Iraq's 'will to fight' at issue after Ramadi
The Islamic State group's takeover of Ramadi is stark evidence that Iraqi forces lack the "will to fight," Defense Secretary Ash Carter said, in the harshest assessment yet from a high-ranking Obama administration official of the U.S. effort to bolster Iraqi forces to retake their territory from extremist militants.
- Residents rescued from flooded homes in Texas, Oklahoma
Flooding in Texas and Oklahoma has led to numerous evacuations and rescues and the death of a firefighter.
- Missouri suspect in killing of woman, teen son is dead
A man accused of holding his former girlfriend captive in a crate at their home in western Missouri then fatally shooting her and her teenage son, was shot and killed Saturday, authorities said.
- Apex survives Charlotte Catholic to win lacrosse title
- Durham police seek public's help to ID bank robbery suspect
- Raleigh police investigating early-morning home invasion; suspects sought
- Burlington woman pleads guilty to DWI after running over infant
- Imaginations, balloons soar at inaugural Freedom Balloon Festival
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,126.06||-4.76 (-0.22%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||61.86||+0.95 (+1.56%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||115.60||-0.09 (-0.08%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.