Chapel Hill police on Wednesday arrested a man who they said attempted to abduct two students from a school.
Three more charged in Durham Confederate statue vandalism
Three more people were arrested Wednesday in the vandalism of a Confederate statue on Monday night in Durham.
- Corporate chiefs flee Trump; he disbands WH advisory panels
With corporate chieftains fleeing, President Donald Trump abruptly abolished two of his White House business councils Wednesday — the latest fallout from his combative comments on racially charged violence in Charlottesville, Virginia.
- 16-year-old seriously injured in Durham shooting
Durham police are investigating after a 16-year-old was injured in a shooting Wednesday evening.
- Officials issue alert for elevated bacteria level at Wrightsville Beach
State officials have issued alerts for two swimming sites in Banks Channel at Wrightsville Beach after finding elevated levels of bacteria.
- Rules on carrying guns openly in NC complicated
Many of the white nationalists who rallied in Charlottesville, Va., over the weekend had guns strapped to their hips. Their actions were legal because Virginia allows open carry of handguns for anyone 18 or older. In North Carolina, the open carry law is more complicated.
- Inside a day of violence, terror in Charlottesville
It started with threats, taunting and racial slurs, and escalated to total pandemonium — hand-to-hand combat in the streets of Charlottesville.
- Donald Trump's die-hard supporters show no signs of straying
- Charlottesville victim's mother urges 'righteous action'
- Man charged with spraying manure on US Border Protection car
- Police: Teacher let son sell LSD and allowed teens to use it
- Back to bomb shelters? North Korea threats revive nuke fears
- View More »
- Weekend Plans: Kindergarten kickoff, 'Secret Garden,' Packapalooza and more
- 7 ways rising middle schoolers can make the best of middle school starting now
- Marbles' Kick-Off to Kindergarten is Saturday
- Raleigh Boychoir celebrates 50 years with day dedicated to group
- 4 dangerous activities that tweens, teens are engaging in now - and 6 ways to help them
- View More »
More Top News
|▲S&P 500||2,468.11||+3.50 (+0.14%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||48.45||-1.01 (-2.04%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||121.87||+0.89 (+0.74%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.