New NC laws prohibit revenge porn, limit license plate readers, change gun rules
Dec. 1 is the date on which new criminal laws typically go into effect. Measures passed by lawmakers this year seek to protect disabled adults from abuse, make certain acts of graffiti a felony and make bypassing safety mechanisms on amusement rides a crime.
- University of Chicago calls off classes over online threat
One of the nation's top universities called off classes on the first day students are due back from the Thanksgiving holiday because of an online threat.
- Estimate energy cost before stringing those holiday lights
The lights and sights of the holiday season make everything merry but they may also mean a hefty electric bill.
- Toddler undergoes 14-hour surgery after Raleigh dog attack
A 21-month-old boy who was injured in a dog attack is recovering after having two surgeries, one of which lasted 14 hours.
- Cyber Monday deals are live online
Cyber Monday is here and there are a number of super deals to be found online at Kohl's, Amazon, Toys R Us, Target, Walmart and more! Read on for some of the best deals to look for right now!
- Leaders of warming Earth meet in Paris to cut emissions
Addressing the twin threats of global warming and extremist violence, the largest group of world leaders ever to stand together kicked off two weeks of high-stakes climate talks outside Paris on Monday, saying that by striking an ambitious deal to cut emissions they can show terrorists what countries can achieve when they are united.
- Man found dead after car crashes into Rolesville home
- Acquaintance charged with murder in southeast Raleigh shooting
- Oval Park Grille helps sponsor Durham school's compost project
- Powerball winner gives $680,000 to Shallotte church
- NC Wanted: Authorities continue search for 1980 Durham County murder suspect
- View More »
|—S&P 500||2,090.11||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||39.08||-0.57 (-1.44%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||101.25||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Planned Parenthood: Long a lightning rod in US culture wars
- Earth is a wilder, warmer place since last climate deal made
- In medical marijuana states, 'pot doctors' push boundaries
- AIDS activist rescued in NC successfully crosses Atlantic
- Norway mulls using heroin to prevent deadly overdoses
- View More »
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com