Compromise could address concerns over class size law
A Senate committee on Monday evening approved a compromise that would allow for the reduction of class sizes in kindergarten through third grade while addressing local school leaders' concerns about the consequences of implementation.
- Expert: Downtown Raleigh's growth is 'just the beginning'
Orage Quarles, the new leader of the Downtown Raleigh Alliance, shares what he knows about the future of downtown Raleigh.
- Manhunt underway for 'armed and dangerous' man in Wayne County
A manhunt was underway Monday night in Wayne County for a man wanted in connection with several crimes, including a Sunday night homicide.
- No charges filed in fiery I-40 crash that killed 11-year-old
The North Carolina State Highway Patrol said it will not file charges in a fiery crash that killed an 11-year-old boy and seriously injured two women on Interstate 40 two weeks ago.
- Residents asks Durham City Council to buy back, develop abandoned land
There was a packed house Monday night as local organizations and concerned residents met with Durham city leaders to discuss nearly 20 acres of abandoned land.
- Aviation officer gives his version of United flight removal
The physician who was dragged off a United Airlines flight in Chicago this month was verbally and physically abusive, and flailing his arms before he lost his balance and struck his mouth on an armrest, according to the aviation officer who pulled the man out of his seat.
More Top News
|—S&P 500||2,374.15||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||49.99||-0.49 (-0.97%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||121.48||-0.83 (-0.68%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- UNC's Berry, Bradley, Pinson all enter NBA Draft without agents
- Tudor: 49ers may opt to rebuild around Trubisky
- Jimmie Johnson grabs rare Bristol win after Larson mishap
- Rutgers to dedicate College Ave court to Jim Valvano
- Manuel: NC State faces uphill climb, UNC sits pretty entering May
- View More »