Return to Raleigh: Stones coming to Carter-Finley Stadium this summer
The Rolling Stones will play North Carolina State University's Carter-Finley Stadium on July 1.
- Second suspect goes in court in case of child cuffed to porch
A former child welfare supervisor in North Carolina is expected to enter a plea Tuesday in the case of an 11-year-old boy found chained to the front porch of her home with a dead chicken around his neck.
- Teachers ask lawmakers for relief from paperwork
Some North Carolina lawmakers are trying to pass a bill they say will help ease the burdensome paperwork teachers face. They want to get rid of "personal education plans," documents teachers are required to fill out to help students who are at risk of failing.
- Distillers: Stiff whiskey law stifles town's boozy revival
Booze, bikes and rock 'n' roll.
- 10-foot, 300-pound metal rooster goes missing in Athens
Police are searching for whoever made off with Rocket the Rusty Rooster, a 10-foot-tall, 300-pound metal sculpture stolen from its perch outside an Athens business.
- AP Exclusive: Big rigs often go faster than tires can handle
Many tractor-trailers on the nation's roads are driven faster than the 75 mph their tires are designed to handle, a practice that has been linked to wrecks and blowouts but has largely escaped the attention of highway officials.
More Top News
Men's NCAA Scoreboard
- Odor at Fayetteville school identified as gasoline; students back in class
- NC 'religious freedom' legislation courts Indiana-type controversy
- Balance key in planning future of Raleigh's Hillsborough Street
- Police: Durham teen's death not random crime
- Durham-based company developing on-demand bus app
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,081.18||-5.06 (-0.24%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||51.45||-1.48 (-2.80%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||114.01||+0.26 (+0.23%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.