Tropical Storm Bertha approaching the Caribbean
Tropical storm warnings have been issued for Puerto Rico, the U.S. and British Virgin Islands and other nearby islands as Tropical Storm Bertha approaches the Caribbean.
- Strangers, family gather to remember slain Wilson 7-year-old
Dozens attended a memorial service Thursday night for Kamari Jones, 7, who was shot and killed July 23 after a bullet passed through his bedroom window and struck him in the head.
- Local sales tax cap comes back
House and Senate leaders have agreed on a retooled bid to limit urban counties' ability to raise sales taxes. That could leave Wake County voters with a tough decision this fall.
- US border poses no obstacle to repeat felon
Although the thousands of children streaming across the U.S.-Mexico border has recently garnered nationwide headlines, people who treat the border like a revolving door make a moral and political debate over immigration reform more complicated, especially for local law enforcement.
- Report: UNC system should remove students from sex assault hearings
Students would not be involved with disciplinary hearings involving complaints of sexual violence at University of North Carolina System schools if final recommendations released Thursday by the system's Campus Security Initiative are implemented.
- Bigamy may have led to Cumberland Co. shooting
Andrew Michaelis, who investigators said killed two people and injured three Cumberland County deputies after a shooting spree on Wednesday, was married to a woman in Michigan, sources confirmed. Michaelis' wife in North Carolina found out about the other woman last week, which may have sparked the arguing that led to Wednesday's incident, sources said.
More Top News
- Wilson police arrest man in 7-year-old's shooting
- Time Warner Cable to offer faster Internet service in Raleigh
- One arrested, two sought in theft of cars from Cary neighborhood
- Doctor with Ebola shares treatment with NC missionary
- Fayetteville police: Bragg soldier was victim of fatal apartment shooting
- View More »
|—S&P 500||1,930.67||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||103.57||-1.64 (-1.56%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||123.39||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com