Tropical Storm Bertha approaches Caribbean
Tropical Storm Bertha swirled toward the Caribbean on Friday as islands in the eastern region prepared for heavy rains and strong winds.
- One hurt in shooting at west Fayetteville home
An unidentified person was wounded early Friday in a shooting on Cassidy Court in Fayetteville, police said.
- Strangers, family gather to remember slain Wilson 7-year-old
Dozens attended a memorial service Thursday night for Kamari Jones, 7, who was shot and killed July 23 after a bullet passed through his bedroom window and struck him in the head.
- Local sales tax cap comes back
House and Senate leaders have agreed on a retooled bid to limit urban counties' ability to raise sales taxes. That could leave Wake County voters with a tough decision this fall.
- US employers add 209K jobs, rate rises to 6.2%
U.S. employers extended their solid hiring into July by adding 209,000 jobs. It was the sixth straight month of job growth above 200,000, evidence that businesses are gradually shedding the caution that had marked the 5-year-old recovery.
- US border poses no obstacle to repeat felon
Although the thousands of children streaming across the U.S.-Mexico border has recently garnered nationwide headlines, people who treat the border like a revolving door make a moral and political debate over immigration reform more complicated, especially for local law enforcement.
- Lifeguards hope research, education can help swimmers recognize rip currents
- Wilson police arrest man in 7-year-old's shooting
- Time Warner Cable to offer faster Internet service in Raleigh
- One arrested, two sought in theft of cars from Cary neighborhood
- Doctor with Ebola shares treatment with NC missionary
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||1,930.23||-0.44 (-0.02%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||103.57||-1.64 (-1.56%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||124.56||+1.17 (+0.95%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.