Late freeze threatens plants, Saturday plans
Temperatures dipped into the upper 30s in the Triangle early Saturday, and they could be even cooler on Sunday, putting a chill on the last weekend in March.
- AT&T donates $33,000 for PC training at gigabit Internet kickoff
AT&T's Foundation is making a $33,000 to a PC and Internet training program in Raleigh as part of the launch for ultra-fast Internet access known as the North Carolina Next Generation Network. The City of Raleigh's "Digital Connectors" program is receiving the money.
- NC State season ends in loss to Louisville, 75-65
N.C. State survived its first two games in the NCAA Tournament, creating some March magic of its own but was unable to will another victory as Louisville rallied late in a game that saw seven lead changes to win 75-65 in the East Regional semifinals.
- 11-year-old shot in Durham drive-by
An 11-year-old boy was shot while walking in the 300 block of North Hyde Park Avenue Friday night after someone fired shots from a moving vehicle, authorities said.
- Whistleblower lawsuit alleges UNC-CH housekeepers traded sex for jobs
A former housekeeping manager has sued UNC-Chapel Hill, alleging that he was fired last year after uncovering a scheme where jobs were traded for sex.
- Filling buckets: Cary woman starts foundation to help adult cancer patients
The Make-A-Wish Foundation has made national and international headlines for helping children who are battling cancer, but a Cary woman is taking the same concept and applying it to adults fighting for their lives.
More Top News
Men's NCAA Scoreboard
- End of 'Mad Men,' but show's relics find new life at museum
- Taraji P. Henson apologizes for racial profiling allegation
- Dancing in the daylight: A.M. raves gain popularity
- Triangle Restaurant News: Lobster food truck headed to Triangle
- Vin Diesel says Oscars weighted against action films
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,061.02||+4.87 (+0.24%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||54.55||+3.72 (+7.32%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||115.06||-0.42 (-0.36%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.