Afternoon showers possible during hot, humid holiday weekend
Hot, humid conditions will linger across central and eastern North Carolina for the next several days, and afternoon showers and storms are possible throughout the Labor Day weekend.
- Falling gas prices expected to boost Labor Day weekend travel
Travel on Labor Day weekend is expected to increase nationwide by 1.6 percent this year, according to AAA.
- Nationwide BOLO issued for child sex offender from Spring Lake
Police say they have issued a nationwide be-on-the-lookout alert for a Spring Lake man accused of posing as a police officer and then sexually assaulting an 11-year-old girl.
- Feds jail NC ginseng poacher as wild plants face risk
Broke and down on his luck, Billy Joe Hurley turned to the only way he knew how to make a living: poaching ginseng.
- Marines deactivate decorated 'Walking Dead' unit
Decades before the television show, a Marine Corps battalion decorated for extensive combat in World War II and Vietnam earned the nickname the "Walking Dead."
- Firefighter injured battling fire at Pitt County home
A firefighter suffered a broken leg early Friday while battling a fire at a home in rural Pitt County, officials said.
- Raleigh sex offender didn't violate probation, judge finds
- UNC-Chapel Hill implements new sex assault policy
- Researchers urge parents to make the most of driving time with teens
- Health care reform leaves businesses with more questions than answers
- GOP Wake commissioners spurn League of Women Voters
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,002.28||+5.54 (+0.28%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||99.97||-0.09 (-0.09%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||123.82||-0.18 (-0.15%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.