Cary man trying to turn his life around after drugs, crime
After a drunken dive into a pool in 2011, Andrew Bajerski needed surgery for a broken neck. He became addicted to pain killers, then eventually harder drugs including heroin.
- Trooper: 'We do have hearts'
For the past five years, North Carolina State Trooper Marc Cerbone has spent most of Thanksgiving Day patrolling the interstates as holiday commuters rush to their destinations.
- Hunger persists in N.C. despite jobs recovery
As some families lined up for Black Friday shopping, others lined up for free Thanksgiving dinners Thursday. The slow economic recovery hasn't yet trickled down to many working families, and charities say the need for help is still rising.
- Clayton police seek help in identifying debit card thief
Clayton police are asking for the public's help in finding a woman they say is shopping with other people's money.
- During holidays, compassion is a phone call away
For many people, the holidays can be reminders of troubles they are facing. That's why volunteers answer phones at Hopeline, a hotline for helping those who are in crisis or contemplating suicide.
- Small plane makes safe emergency landing in Johnston County
No one was hurt when a small aircraft was forced to make an unscheduled landing in a Johnston County field Thursday evening.
More Top News
- One hospitalized after early morning house fire in Raleigh
- One killed, another injured in Durham Freeway wreck
- Fatal wreck leads to changes at intersection near Panther Creek HS
- Black Friday is becoming more like Black Thursday
- Pair arrested in killings of two elderly Cumberland County men
- View More »
|—S&P 500||2,072.83||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||73.70||-0.58 (-0.78%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||115.16||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
Triangle Area Special Offers
- Click to See All CONTESTS available from WRAL.com
- The biggest savings of the year on Lennar homes! Click here to save big!
- La-Z-Boy Furniture Opens in Cary Nov 6th! Win $500!
- Carolina Courses Online: Earn UNC Credit @ Home
- Lennar Homes--Live a little. Save a lot. Click for major savings--up to $30K!