Norlina woman charged with killing her mother
A Norlina woman was arrested and charged Tuesday with killing her mother, the Warren County Sheriff's Office said.
- Attorney General: Kidnap calls are scam
The North Carolina Attorney General's office warned Tuesday about a scam in which callers claim to have kidnapped a child in order to con people out of cash.
- Panther Creek teen driver: 'Please forgive me'
Laura Yost, a 15-year-old Panther Creek High School student injured last week in a wreck near her school, has died, school officials confirmed Tuesday.
- Raleigh middle school evacuated after bomb threat
A 39-year-old man was arrested and charged Tuesday with calling in a bomb threat that led to the evacuation of a middle school.
- Pitt Co. receives federal grant to fight domestic violence
Pitt County is one of four recipients across the nation to share in a $2.5 million federal grant aimed at helping fight domestic violence.
- Cisco starts layoffs in RTP; how many workers hit not disclosed
Cisco Systems began laying off employees at its Research Triangle Park campus on Tuesday. The company confirmed it is cutting jobs but would not disclose how many. It also is continuing to hire at the site, and laid-off workers can apply for open positions, the company says.
More Top News
- New ad emphasizes Tillis' work on autism despite bill's failure
- Fact check: What does Grandma know about student loans?
- NC panel starts revision of Common Core standards
- Weekly Wrap: 'Moral Monday' dismissals, jobs announcements
- Appeals court releases school voucher money for hundreds of NC students
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||1,982.77||-11.52 (-0.58%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||94.37||-0.07 (-0.07%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||117.60||+0.75 (+0.64%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.