Ray Rice wins appeal; NFL suspension vacated
An arbitrator Friday threw out Ray Rice's indefinite suspension by the NFL for hitting his then-fiancee and now wife in a hotel elevator, freeing him to play again.
- Authorities in Durham investigate multiple shootings
Authorities in Durham were investigating reports of multiple shootings Friday night.
- Tension high as new Franklin sheriff takes office
There was bad blood in the campaign for Franklin County sheriff between incumbent Jerry Jones and his opponent, Kent Winstead. Winstead won, but the distrust hasn't ended.
- Duke Raleigh Hospital CEO knows health care doesn't take a day off
Duke Raleigh CEO David Zaas was checking on patients Thanksgiving night, not a typical task for a manager.
- At Cameron Village, a more sublime Black Friday
At the Raleigh shopping center, there were no doorbusters or camping out. Stores opened at their usual time of 10 a.m. And while there were special Black Friday sales, no one was scrambling to get them.
- Families spend Black Friday searching for the perfect tree
As many families across the Triangle headed to the mall to take advantage of the Black Friday deals, other families set out on the search to find the perfect Christmas tree.
|▼S&P 500||2,067.56||-5.27 (-0.25%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||70.80||-2.90 (-3.93%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||112.11||-3.05 (-2.65%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.