Duke guard Sulaimon dismissed from program
Duke junior guard Rasheed Sulaimon has been dismissed from the Duke basketball program, head coach Mike Krzyzewski announced Thursday.
- Raleigh's growth straining its finances
The city's population has increased 10 percent in the last five years, which is starting to pinch Raleigh's budget, City Manager Ruffin Hall told members of the City Council on Thursday.
- Obama calls for spending surge, buoyed by rising economy
Declaring an end to "mindless austerity," President Barack Obama called for a surge in government spending Thursday, and asked Congress to throw out the sweeping budget cuts both parties agreed to four years ago when deficits were spiraling out of control.
- Police: Evicted man bilked woman by renting his own apartment to her
A Raleigh man cheated a woman out of thousands of dollars by renting his apartment to her when he was about to be evicted, according to an arrest warrant.
- Senate passes bill approving Keystone XL oil pipeline
The Republican-controlled Senate on Thursday approved a bipartisan bill to construct the Keystone XL oil pipeline, defying a presidential veto threat and setting up the first of many battles with the White House over energy and the environment.
- Nine new flu deaths reported in NC last week
Nine people died of flu-related illness last week in North Carolina, according to data released Thursday by the state Department of Health and Human Services.
- Today @NCCapitol (Jan. 29): Lawmakers wind up short week with velvet ropes
- New bills would allow more leisurely breakfasts, end dues drafts for state employee groups
- Wednesday Wrap: Freedom isn't free
- UNC staff awarded $50,000 to increase transparency at General Assembly
- Business leaders push for more transportation funding
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,021.25||+19.09 (+0.95%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||44.08||+0.84 (+1.94%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||120.76||-2.66 (-2.16%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com