NC House members start work early in advance of deadline
Thursday is a key legislative deadline, and House members are starting committee work early this week in order to beat the clock. Senators are expected to take up bills on Iran divestment and license plate readers.
- Thousands expected at Monday's funeral for Freddie Gray
Thousands were expected Monday at a funeral for a man who died after sustaining serious spinal injuries while in the custody of Baltimore police.
- What's NC's backup plan if health insurance subsidies knocked out?
The U.S. Supreme Court is considering a case that could strip North Carolina residents of federal subsidies for insurance purchased under the Affordable Care Act. It's unclear how state leaders will react if that comes to pass.
- 82nd Airborne holds change of responsibility ceremony
The 82nd Airborne Division is holding a change of responsibility ceremony for a new command sergeant major.
- Arrest made in January Durham homicide
A 55-year-old man was arrested and charged Sunday with killing a 30-year-old man in January, Durham police said.
- Two arrested in Fayetteville sexual assault, kidnapping
Two men were arrested and charged with driving a woman from Fayetteville to Raleigh against her will, raping her, then robbing her before running her over with their vehicle on April 7, the Cumberland County Sheriff's Office said Sunday.
- No sign of boater who disappeared fishing near Gaston Dam
- Raleigh man climbing on Mt. Everest uninjured in avalanche following earthquake
- Mistaken identity causes confusion after Durham crash
- Costly, controversial: Lawmakers have just months to tame Medicaid beast
- Durham Academy hosts Special Olympics event for 30th year
- View More »
|—S&P 500||2,117.69||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||60.95||+1.81 (+3.06%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||113.05||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Officer reunited with newborn he found in dumpster in 1989
- Q&A: What's listeria and how is it traced to ice cream?
- Mother's Day ideas that won't bust the budget
- Sudan's pyramids, nearly as grand as Egypt's, go unvisited
- Duke Children's, service dog make a big difference to sick child's care
- View More »
Triangle Drive Times
Powered by BeatTheTraffic.com