Parents revisit site of son's hit and run in search of answers
On the two-year anniversary of Dwight Smith's hit-and-run death, his family and Raleigh police officers gathered Monday night on Pettigrew Street again to ask for help from the community to solve the crime.
- Raleigh brides get dresses back thanks to store manager
When the owner of La Belle Mariee filed for bankruptcy protection on July 27, it appeared as though dozens of brides would not get their dresses. But now they have them thanks to a store manager who says she just wanted to help.
- Animals seized in Chatham County raid ready for adoption
About 190 animals rescued last month from a Chatham County farm will be available for adoption in the coming days, the Humane Society of the United States said Monday.
- Suspect in Memphis officer's killing turns himself in
The latest on the fatal shooting of a police officer in Memphis, Tennessee (all times local):
- House proposes spending $4.1B to improve infrastructure
Members of the House have expanded Gov. Pat McCrory's proposal to borrow for transportation and other state spending. Their plan borrows $2.85 million and sets aside another $1.3 billion in cash over the next three years.
- NC residents could start paying for recycling TVs, computers
The state Senate recently passed a bill that puts the cost of recycling electronics on local governments, rather than manufacturers.
- US auto sales strong in July on SUV, luxury demand
- Holmes jury keeps execution as option as sentencing advances
- GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in debate preview
- Report: US-led strikes in Iraq, Syria killed 459 civilians
- Comic Amy Schumer, Sen. Schumer call for better gun control
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,098.04||-5.80 (-0.28%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||50.50||-0.95 (-1.85%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||104.10||-0.83 (-0.79%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.