Central NC will be wet this weekend
Central North Carolina is expected to be soaked with rain this weekend. There's an 85 percent chance of the region receiving at least an inch of rain before Tuesday, WRAL Chief Meteorologist Greg Fishel said.
- Senate approves budget deal
The state Senate has given tentative approval to a $21.1 billion compromise spending plan for the year, despite complaints from teachers and Democrats that legislative leaders' claims about pay raises are inflated.
- US border poses no obstacle to repeat felon
Although the thousands of children streaming across the U.S.-Mexico border has recently garnered nationwide headlines, people who treat the border like a revolving door make a moral and political debate over immigration reform more complicated, especially for local law enforcement.
- Vehicle accident closes Holloway Street in eastern Durham
Three people were seriously injured Thursday night in a two vehicle accident on Holloway Street near Rochelle Street, police said.
- Bigamy may have led to Cumberland Co. shooting
Andrew Michaelis, who investigators said killed two people and injured three Cumberland County deputies after a shooting spree on Wednesday, was married to a woman in Michigan, sources confirmed. Michaelis' wife in North Carolina found out about the other woman last week, which may have sparked the arguing that led to Wednesday's incident, sources said.
- Tracking the Tropics: Preparing for the Storm #staysafeNC
Hurricanes aren't just a coastal problem - they've ravaged our state from Manteo to Murphy. But are you ready?
- Lifeguards hope research, education can help swimmers recognize rip currents
- Wilson police arrest man in 7-year-old's shooting
- Time Warner Cable to offer faster Internet service in Raleigh
- One arrested, two sought in theft of cars from Cary neighborhood
- Doctor with Ebola shares treatment with NC missionary
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||1,930.67||-39.40 (-2.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||105.21||-0.23 (-0.22%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||123.39||-1.44 (-1.15%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.