Bracing for the hurricane season
The winds, the rain, the damage of a hurricane are unforgettable. WRAL reminds you to prepare to survive a storm.
- DA won't pursue death penalty in Durham store clerk's shooting
Durham County prosecutors say they don't plan to try the July 4 robbery and slaying of a convenience store clerk as a capital case.
- Woman's death spurs advocates for domestic violence victims
As people gather in Franklinton on Thursday night to remember a woman who lived in fear of her ex-boyfriend before she was killed last weekend, advocates for domestic violence victims say her death is motivating them to work harder and protect more people.
- Hospice not available for Triangle's terminally ill children
The Triangle is renowned for its cancer research and treatment, but health advocates say there is a serious lapse in care for the youngest terminally ill patients living in the area.
- Inland or coastal track, history shows hurricanes' impact on NC
A hurricane's path can mean a world of difference, and just because the Triangle sits a seemingly safe 120 miles up the road from the coast doesn't mean we are immune from a hurricane's impact.
- DE Mario Addison says Panthers are Super Bowl bound
The Carolina Panthers arrived at training camp Thursday filled with optimism, perhaps no one more so than fifth-year defensive end Mario Addison.
- Pope's upcoming visit inspires anxiety in Philadelphia
- Details about the lion hunt that caused outrage across globe
- Texas trooper's boss says he had reason to stop Sandra Bland
- 911 calls describe harrowing scene after theater shooting
- Defense, DA argue reasons to spare Colorado gunman's life
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,108.63||+0.06 (+0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||50.82||+0.28 (+0.55%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||104.27||-0.90 (-0.86%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.