Report: More NC children living in poverty
Despite making significant gains in health and education in the last eight years, North Carolina ranks 34th nationally in overall child well-being, according to a report released Tuesday by the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
- Afternoon showers, storms could include heavy downpours
Showers and storms could once again drop heavy rain on parts of the Triangle on Tuesday afternoon, but precipitation shouldn't be as widespread as it was on Monday, when parts of Durham dealt with flash flooding as slow-moving storms moved through the area.
- EU imposes new sanctions against Russian officials
The Dutch foreign minister says the European Union is imposing new sanctions against officials deemed responsible for Russia's actions in Ukraine.
- No budget agreement in sight
The House is off until Thursday as the Senate continues to work through last-minute bills. Meanwhile, budget negotiations continue.
- Immigration debate fuels Chapel Hill rally
Dozens rallied in Chapel Hill on Monday in support of allowing tens of thousands of children entering the United States illegally to remain in the country.
- Report: Human rights abuses occurred in Triangle terrorism case
A Triangle terrorism case was cited as an example of "abusive counterterrorism sting operations" in a study claiming human rights abuses in such investigations.
More Top News
- FSU, Winston picked to lead the ACC, Duke gets support in Coastal Division
- For Pack, Brissett's time finally at hand
- Big 12 commish's dire warning about pending change
- Clippers CEO and Shelly Sterling to testify
- Bulls' Montoyo notches victory No. 614, becomes franchise's all-time winningest manager
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,984.40||+10.77 (+0.55%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||105.07||-0.47 (-0.45%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||125.68||-0.66 (-0.52%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.