NC A&T student killed in wrong-way crash on I-40
A North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University student was among two people killed in a head-on collision Tuesday morning.
- Boy battling cancer fulfills dream of becoming paleontologist
When scientists at the North Carolina Museum of Natural Science heard about Riley, they opened up their lab and made the dinosaur-loving boy a paleontologist for a day.
- Happy hour in House: 'Brunch bill' nears passage
A measure to allow alcohol sales before noon on Sundays cleared the House on Tuesday and is one vote away from heading to Gov. Roy Cooper.
- Former DAs indicted in wife-hiring scheme
A Wake County grand jury has indicted two former district attorneys in connection with a scheme to hire one of the men's wives for a no-show job.
- 59 cats euthanized at Harnett County animal shelter after exposure to deadly disease
59 cats -- 11 adult cats and 48 kittens -- were euthanized at the Harnett County Animal Shelter last week after exposure to the highly contagious and deadly panleukopenia, also known as feline distemper.
- Senate quickly overrides Cooper's budget veto
The vote was 34-14, with three of four Democrats who initially voted for the Republican majority's budget backing their governor's veto.
- Affordable housing can't keep pace with demand in Wake
- $400K awarded to expand programs for those with Down syndrome
- 2nd alarm fire damages roof at Chapel Hill retirement community
- Former Georgia deputy chief named Fayetteville's new police chief
- Family, authorities seek answers in case of Smithfield infant remains
- View More »
- Police: Man allegedly used his prosthetic leg to hit wife
- GOP health bill: Big tax cuts for rich, not much for others
- US cites preparations for chemical weapons attack in Syria
- Alaska salutes black soldiers' work on highway during WWII
- Inmate: I strangled prisoners to try to land on death row
- View More »
More Top News
|—S&P 500||2,419.38||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||43.14||+0.12 (+0.28%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||118.81||+0.45 (+0.38%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.