Snow expected in North Carolina mountains
Snow is expected in the higher elevations of some of the North Carolina mountains.
- Bragg soldier's mother faints at his return to Africa
The reunion of one of the "Lost Boys of Sudan" with his family in Uganda earlier this month brought hugs, tears and even a fainting spell.
- Schools bracing for their report cards
The state will issue letter grades for the first time to all North Carolina public schools on Feb. 5. Teachers, administrators and even some lawmakers say the grading scale is unfair.
- Coach K gets 1,000th win as No. 5 Duke tops St. John's 77-68
Mike Krzyzewski earned his 1,000th career win Sunday, making him the first NCAA Division I men's coach to reach the milestone, when No. 5 Duke surged past St. John's in the second half for a 77-68 victory at Madison Square Garden.
- Fifth 'stranger danger' incident reported in Wake Forest
Two men attempted to coax a child into their vehicle in Wake Forest on Sunday, the fifth such incident in the town within the past month.
- Publix plan for Raleigh cut in half
Pressure from north Raleigh neighbors has the developer of a Publix grocery store planning to submit a scaled-down plan to city council this week, Raleigh Mayor Nancy McFarlane said.
|▲S&P 500||2,052.29||+0.47 (+0.02%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||43.69||+0.64 (+1.49%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||122.77||-1.46 (-1.18%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- High school classes increasingly blend in technology
- 7 Durham churches combine in commitment to health, wellness
- WHO adopts reforms to repair reputation after bungling Ebola
- Added protections for consumer information on health website
- Rarely used procedure helps retired preacher's heart beat strong
- View More »