A deck collapsed at a North Carolina beach house as a family got set to take a group photo Saturday evening, leaving at least 14 people injured with two of those in critical condition, authorities said.
Fireworks soar over downtown Raleigh
Fireworks soar over Downtown Raleigh. Raleigh held its annual Independence Day celebration on July 4, 2015.
- Skateboarder dies after being hit by truck in Durham
A 23-year-old Durham man died early Saturday after being hit by a truck while skateboarding on Spruce Street, police said.
- NC Wanted: Authorities continue search for missing Nash County man
The family of a Wilson man who disappeared on Christmas Eve in 2003 continues to search for answers 11 years later.
- Conway declares state of emergency due to 'recent criminal activity'
The mayor of a small town in Northampton County issued a state of emergency Friday due to what he called "recent criminal activity" in the area.
- Fireworks light up the sky in Garner
The Town of Garner got its Fourth of July festivities going a day early on Friday, as thousands came to Lake Benson Park for the fun.
- Parades, hot dogs, cold beer: America celebrates July 4
Parades, fireworks, naturalization ceremonies, eating contests and music ushered in the Fourth of July as the United States marked 239 years as an independent nation on Saturday. Here were some highlights of Independence Day celebrations:
More Top News
- 66 riders safely evacuated after 400-foot Ferris wheel stops
- Matt Stonie tops Joey Chestnut in hot dog eating contest
- Military recruits still not using American-made sneakers
- Government faces burden in proving airlines worked together
- Forgiveness of Charleston church shooter prompts discussion
- View More »
|—S&P 500||2,076.78||0.00 (0.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||58.99||-0.48 (-0.81%)|
|—SPDR GOLD||111.76||0.00 (0.00%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.