Pedestrian hit near US Highway 70 in southeast Raleigh
A pedestrian was hit Monday morning near the intersection of U.S. Highway 70 and Auburn-Knightdale Road in southeast Raleigh, according to state Highway Patrol officials.
- Sisters pack 70 years into reunion weekend
Two sisters separated as babies became local celebrities in Raleigh this weekend after their reunion story aired on WRAL-TV.
- Closing arguments underway in Lovette murder trial
Closing arguments were underway Monday morning in the trial of Laurence Lovette, accused of robbing and killing Duke University graduate student Abhijit Mahato inside Mahato's apartment more than six years ago.
- Today @NCCapitol: Budget could be unveiled early in week
House and Senate budget negotiators reached agreement on the framework of a budget deal this weekend. Lawmakers are now preparing to make the mad dash to adjournment.
- N.C. Senate hopes to drive more rural job growth with new Job Catalyst Fund
The state Senate last week passed legislation that includes the launch of a "Job Catalyst Fund," which could be used by the N.C. Department of Commerce as a recruiting tool. No funding is specified, but the bill is geared toward large manufacturing projects that would be built in economically "distressed" counties.
- Multiday stretch of cooler air coming behind passing front
Hot temperatures will linger across central and eastern North Carolina on the first day of the work week, but big changes are coming behind a cold front that will move through the region Monday, WRAL meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner said.
|▼S&P 500||1,970.66||-7.68 (-0.39%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||105.22||-0.08 (-0.08%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||125.55||-0.24 (-0.19%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Veterans' response to senator's PTSD remarks mixed
- Pelvis pix victims must feel trauma to share $190M
- Charlotte 9-year-old recovering well from June lightning strike
- Scientists discover new, noncommittal mechanism of drug resistance
- Cary medical facility extends hours to release patient records
- View More »