'Alarming' Wake teacher turnover numbers to be released Thursday
District leaders described mid-year teacher resignations as "alarming," possibly as upwards of 40 percent from last year, WRAL has learned. The numbers will be announced during a press conference at Underwood Elementary Thursday afternoon.
- StoryCorps collects oral history at American Tobacco
StoryCorps offers people a chance to record a conversation/interview with someone close to them.
- Duke's Jabari Parker to enter 2014 NBA Draft
Duke freshman Jabari Parker will forgo his remaining college eligibility and enter the 2014 NBA Draft, the university announced Thursday.
- Dough sitting outdoors not a huge health issue
When Jim Barnhill saw stacks of pizza dough sitting uncovered outside a Brier Creek Papa John's, he wondered about the health issues that might raise.
- Raleigh tops Forbes' list of best cities to raise a family
Citing quality schools, low crime and a low cost of living compared to residents' rising level of income, Forbes on Thursday put Raleigh atop its list of best cities to raise a family.
- Gas prices expected to climb through Easter travel holiday
North Carolina's gas prices continue to climb as travelers take to the highways for Easter weekend, but fueling up for vacation costs less than last Easter.
- $25K offered for more arrests in prosecutor's dad's kidnapping
- Texas grand jury indicts Amanda Hayes on body-dumping charge
- Cool temperatures to linger Thursday ahead of Easter warm-up
- Chapel Hill takes part in new movement for gun safety
- Environmental issues a sticking point in Dix park negotiations
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,867.49||+5.18 (+0.28%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||106.06||+0.85 (+0.81%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||124.78||-0.76 (-0.61%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.