Report: More NC children living in poverty
Despite making significant gains in health and education in the last eight years, North Carolina ranks 34th nationally in overall child well-being, according to a report released Tuesday by the Annie E. Casey Foundation.
- Airlines scrap Israel flights over missile fear
In a sign of increased caution about flying near combat zones, U.S. and European airlines halted flights to Israel Tuesday after a rocket landed near Tel Aviv's Ben Gurion Airport.
- 'Dialogue' but no progress on budget
Senate leaders discussed the budget stalemate and Medicaid reform at a private meeting with the governor Tuesday, but they made no progress on either issue.
- Afternoon showers, storms could include heavy downpours
Showers and storms could once again drop heavy rain on parts of the Triangle on Tuesday afternoon, but precipitation shouldn't be as widespread as it was on Monday, when parts of Durham dealt with flash flooding as slow-moving storms moved through the area.
- EU imposes new sanctions against Russian officials
The European Union agreed Tuesday to impose new sanctions against officials deemed responsible for Russia's actions in Ukraine, amid mounting international anger after a Malaysia Airlines plane was shot down over rebel-held territory.
- Zipper maker to expand in Oxford
A company that makes zippers plans to expand its Granville County operation, creating 155 jobs in the next five years, officials said Tuesday.
- FSU, Winston picked to lead the ACC, Duke gets support in Coastal Division
- For Pack, Brissett's time finally at hand
- Big 12 commish's dire warning about pending change
- Wake Forest adds Greek forward Mitoglou to roster
- Bulls' Montoyo notches victory No. 614, becomes franchise's all-time winningest manager
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,985.50||+11.87 (+0.60%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||105.07||-0.47 (-0.45%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||125.73||-0.61 (-0.48%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.