Senate approves budget deal
The state Senate has given tentative approval to a $21.1 compromise spending plan for the year, despite complaints from teachers and Democrats that legislative leaders' claims about pay raises are inflated.
- Coal ash legislation faces delay
House and Senate budget negotiators are blaming each other for an impasse over legislation to clean up coal ash, potentially delaying the bill until later this year.
- Dow plunges as multiple worries vex investors
For stock investors, the red flags were everywhere on Thursday.
- Immigration issue produces congressional disarray
Once more, the tea party forced House Speaker John Boehner to blink.
- 'Messy' weekend on tap as warm front approaches central NC
Moisture associated with a warm front will begin making its way into central North Carolina on Thursday, marking the beginning of a wetter pattern that will linger throughout the weekend, WRAL meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner said.
More Top News
- One arrested, two sought in theft of cars from Cary neighborhood
- Doctor with Ebola shares treatment with NC missionary
- Fayetteville police: Bragg soldier was victim of fatal apartment shooting
- Chapel Hill leaders reiterate commitment to community safety
- Woman arrested in connection with Spring Lake murder
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||1,930.67||-39.40 (-2.00%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||105.21||-0.23 (-0.22%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||123.39||-1.44 (-1.15%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.