Brandon Marquis Cozart, 24, who was due in court Wednesday on five charges of statutory rape, was released from custody overnight by mistake, according to Wake County Sheriff Donnie Harrison.
Former Shaw University vice president has died
Jeffrey Smith, former vice president of administration and student affairs at Shaw University, has died.
- Huge Durham Innovation District plan covers 15 acres
A team of developers led by Longfellow Real Estate Partners from Boston, Duke University and Durham businessman Hank Scherich unveiled formal plans today for the "Durham Innovation District." The project covers 15 acres just to the west of downtown.
- Triangle, Triad motorists saved about $18M in gas costs this summer
Drivers and businesses in the Triangle and Triad saw an average savings of about 7 cents per gallon - an estimated $18 million - at the gas pumps this summer, as a result of a rule change by the North Carolina Department of Environment and Natural Resources.
- Pro-gun group to challenge state fair gun ban
Deep-fried anything may be allowed at the N.C. State Fair, but guns are not, and now a pro-gun group plans to sue the state to allow those with concealed-carry permits to bring their weapons onto the state fairgrounds.
- Man, 25, charged in fatal Raleigh shooting
A 25-year-old Raleigh man was charged early Wednesday in connection with a fatal shooting in the 3055 block of Limber Lane.
- Dallas patient tests positive for Ebola
A patient in a Dallas hospital has tested positive for the Ebola virus and is being kept in strict isolation, hospital officials said Monday.
|▼S&P 500||1,958.58||-13.71 (-0.70%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||94.17||-0.37 (-0.39%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||117.10||+0.89 (+0.77%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Kroger deals 10/1: Greens, pork roast, chicken breast, beans & more!
- New October printable and digital coupons!
- Harris Teeter deals 10/1: SIX freebies & excellent deals!
- ALDI deals 10/1: Sweet potatoes, carrots, asparagus & more!
- Food Lion Deals 10/1: Chicken breast, pork chops, canned beans & more!
- View More »