Pro-gun group to challenge state fair gun ban
Deep-fried anything may be allowed at the N.C. State Fair, but guns are not, and now a pro-gun group plans to sue the state to allow those with concealed-carry permits to bring their weapons onto the state fairgrounds.
- Raleigh police investigate homicide
A woman was shot and killed on the 3500 block of Limber Lane Tuesday night.
- Fatal crashes prompt calls for renewed driver's ed funding
Two Wake County students have died and a third was injured in recent weeks in crashes involving teen drivers. The rash of wrecks has prompted the North Carolina School Boards Association to begin lobbying for more funding for driver's education.
- Raleigh boy simplifies smartwatch navigation
Raleigh's Davis Barrow thinks his smartwatch design will improve upon the interfaces available from Apple and Android.
- California becomes first state to ban plastic bags
Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday signed the nation's first statewide ban on single-use plastic bags at grocery and convenience stores, driven to action by pollution in streets and waterways.
- Federal program allows NC schools to feed all students for free
"If no child is stigmatized based on their meal status, and everyone is treated the same... It sort of breaks down those barriers and lets children be a community together," said James Keaton, Durham's executive director of school nutrition.
|▼S&P 500||1,972.29||-5.51 (-0.28%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||94.54||+0.41 (+0.44%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||116.21||-0.82 (-0.70%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Harris Teeter deals 10/1: Five freebies & excellent deals!
- ALDI deals 10/1: Sweet potatoes, carrots, asparagus & more!
- Food Lion Deals 10/1: Chicken breast, pork chops, canned beans & more!
- Lowes Foods deals 10/1: Eight O Clock coffee, All laundry, Bird's Eye Voila & more!
- What's for dinner Wednesday?
- View More »