A judge on Tuesday ordered that two half-brothers - imprisoned for 30 years for the rape and murder of an 11-year-old girl in Red Springs - be set free from prison after newly discovered evidence shows someone else likely was responsible for the crime.
Scattered storms spawn hail, rainbows
Doppler radar indicated as much as 4 inches of rain falling near Fayetteville.
- Video purports to show beheading of second US journalist
Islamic State extremists released a video Tuesday purportedly showing the beheading of a second American journalist, Steven Sotloff, and warning President Barack Obama that as long as U.S. airstrikes against the militant group continue, "our knife will continue to strike the necks of your people."
- Raleigh councilman losing battle with cancer
Councilman Thomas Crowder told other members of Raleigh City Council on Tuesday that he has "exhausted all options for a cure" as he battles testicular cancer.
- Judge quadruples sex offender's bond after Spring Lake girl's sexual assault
A Harnett County judge on Tuesday quadrupled the bond for a registered sex offender accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting an 11-year-old Spring Lake girl last week.
- Police searching for suspect in Cary home invasion
Cary police said Tuesday that they are investigating a home invasion in which a woman reported that she, her son and grandchild were robbed at knifepoint.
- Missionary group: Another American in Liberia contracts Ebola
A missionary group says another American doctor has contracted the Ebola virus while working at a hospital in Liberia.
- Fatal shooting raises concerns for residents of Cary apartment complex
- Raleigh to study proposed restrictions on races further
- Raleigh man indicted in Durham minister's death
- Fort Bragg soldiers receive new mission: home
- A decade later, American Tobacco Campus continues to revitalize Durham
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||2,002.28||-1.09 (-0.05%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||100.08||+0.09 (+0.09%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||121.65||-2.21 (-1.78%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.