Hundreds of teachers leaving Wake schools; pay cited
"Teachers in Wake County have been leaving their jobs mid-year at a greater rate than in years past," Assistant Superintendent Doug Thilman said.
- Student struggles to recount fatal truck-bus crash
Most of the 911 calls from witnesses to last week's fiery truck-bus collision that killed 10 were matter of fact. Then there was the one from a passenger: With shrieks in the background, the student struggled to recount how a truck came roaring toward them.
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
An avalanche swept down a climbing route on Mount Everest early Friday, killing at least 12 Nepalese guides and leaving three missing in the deadliest disaster on the world's highest peak.
- Smaller Medicaid shortfall could mean more state raises
A key state lawmaker said Thursday that a rosier-than-expected budget forecast for the Medicaid program could mean that there's enough in the 2014-15 budget to provide modest raises to all state workers.
- Jobs for business majors: 'It's out there'
According to a recent report from the National Association of Colleges and Employers, the job outlook for 2014 college graduates is nearly 9 percent better than it was last year, and for business majors, the news is even better.
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
Astronomers have discovered what they say is the most Earth-like planet yet detected — a distant, rocky world that's similar in size to our own and exists in the Goldilocks zone where it's not too hot and not too cold for life.
- Suspect in slaying of Raleigh political strategist undergoing mental evaluation
- Cary woman accused of strangling husband may take plea deal
- Trial date set in slaying of North Hills mother
- Heroin, guns, cash seized in Wayne County raid; two charged
- Woman accused in Beaufort County death found dead
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,864.85||+2.54 (+0.14%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||106.06||+0.85 (+0.81%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||124.75||-0.79 (-0.63%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.