A woman arrested during a raid on a downtown Raleigh nightclub faces additional charges after authorities at the Wake County Detention Center found a gun on her after her arrest.
SAS No. 2 on world's 'Great Place to Work' list
Cary-based SAS, a perennial member of best places to work lists, is No. 2 on the latest global rankings for multinational firms. Google is No. 1. Three other tech firms with a big Triangle presence, also crack the list. Triangle presence
- UNC advisors steered athletes to sham classes; 9 disciplined
The academic fraud scandal that encircled faculty, staff and student athletes at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill lasted longer and affected more students than previously known, according to a 131-page report released Wednesday by a former federal prosecutor hired by campus officials to conduct an independent investigation.
- Polite thieves use sledgehammers in jewelry store smash-and-grab
Authorities in South Carolina have arrested three men accused of stealing Rolex watches from a Fayetteville jewelry store after smashing several glass display cases with sledgehammers.
- 17-year-old missing in Harnett County
Starry Sky McCallister was last seen at 3342 Ebenezer Church Road in Coats, according to the North Carolina Center for Missing Persons. She is believed to have a cognitive impairment.
- Children found in Fayetteville home with meth lab
Three people were arrested Tuesday for manufacturing methamphetamine, including a couple whose children were found in a home with a meth lab.
- A new 'Frontier' in speed: Gigabit Internet hits Triangle
Frontier Chair and CEO Maggie Wilderotter is kicking off the launch of the first gigabit Internet service in the Triangle at an event in Durham today. AT&T is coming, and look for Google Fiber to hit town in December. But for now, Frontier is the only game in the Triangle.
|▲S&P 500||1,954.33||+27.22 (+1.41%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||81.94||-0.15 (-0.18%)|
|▼SPDR GOLD||118.26||-1.08 (-0.91%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Weekend Plans: State Fair, Halloween events, children's theater, more
- Allergy Mom: What makes Halloween the scariest night of the year
- Social Media Dad: Rethinking Instagram for tweens
- Chatting about American Girl on Fox 50 morning news Wednesday
- Cary hosts Halloween movie series this week
- View More »