Community members are urged to stay in their homes until further notice and to not answer their doors for anybody they don't know.
Bars added to wrongful death suit in fatal I-85 crash
Two Chapel Hill bars were added Monday to a wrongful death lawsuit filed by the daughter of a woman killed last month in a head-on collision involving a Jeep driving the wrong way on Interstate 85.
- NC authorities find 43 prison escapees, still searching for 12
The North Carolina Department of Public Safety is seeking help in locating 12 long-term escapees from the North Carolina prison system.
- Alleged sexting lands Fayetteville high school QB on the bench
It is unclear when Cormega Copening will be back under center for the Jack Britt High School football team. The quarterback, who started for the Buccaneers Aug. 21 but was benched last Friday, faces sex charges and won't be back on the field until his legal problems are resolved.
- Police officer shot after responding to wrong home
A police officer was shot and critically wounded Monday when he responded to a call of a suspicious person and showed up at the wrong house, authorities said.
- Freedom Christian Academy co-founder charged with violating sex offender registry law
The head of a Fayetteville private school under fire for an academic scandal and having a convicted sex offender perform work on campus was arrested Monday.
- Suspect in Brooklyn cab death arrested in North Carolina
A suspect in the killing of a cab driver in Brooklyn earlier this year has been arrested in North Carolina.
- Sex registry questioned after prep school grad's conviction
- Hometown mourners celebrate life of slain TV cameraman
- Clinton, aides stressed protecting State Dept info in email
- Investigators: Arizona woman acknowledges drowning twin sons
- Suspect in Houston-area deputy's death had mental evaluation
- View More »
|▼S&P 500||1,972.18||-16.69 (-0.84%)|
|▲OPEC Oil||47.01||+1.82 (+4.03%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||108.82||+0.12 (+0.11%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.
- Dollar General deals 8/30: Libby's canned veggies, Eckrich sausage & more!
- $50 in free Starkist tuna or $25 check from class action lawsuit
- Free waffle at Nzinga's Cafe in Durham on Friday
- New SavingStar offers: Hellmann's mayo, Seventh Generation & more!
- Free Domino's Pizza giveaway today at 3 pm!
- View More »
- Supreme Court rules against clerk in gay marriage case
- Tubman, Susan B. Anthony win support for redesigned $10 bill
- Judge sides with anti-abortion group in birth control case
- Blue Bell resumes selling ice cream after listeria recall
- $20 found in San Francisco leads to $1 million lottery win
- View More »