Three children locked themselves in a room in their Wake County home Wednesday afternoon as their parents argued and then heard the gunshots that ended the lives of their mother and father, according to a 911 call released Thursday.
Flu claims another life in NC
One person in North Carolina died from the flu last week, according to data released Thursday by the state Department of Health and Human Services.
- Wake man could face death penalty in in-laws' killings
Wake County prosecutors said Thursday that they plan to seek the death penalty against a man charged with killing his mother- and father-in-law last spring.
- Caught on video: Holly Springs driver has double trouble
A Holly Springs driver gets into two accidents, which are both caught on video
- Chapel Hill counselor wins $1 million in NC lottery
Linda Hammock scratched off a $20 lottery ticket to reveal a $1 million prize.
- Exiles divided on plans to thaw US-Cuba relations
When Cuban and American leaders announced they would restore diplomatic relations after a standoff lasting more than a half-century, all eyes in the U.S. immediately turned to Miami, where many expected the country's largest population of Cuban exiles to pour angrily into the streets.
- Michigan man receives nearly 2,000 Christmas cards
A Michigan man's mailbox is full this holiday season. So far, he's received nearly 2,000 Christmas cards. Each one is making his holiday season even brighter.
- Raleigh man charged with soliciting, indecent liberties with a child
- Man suffers severe burns in Johnston County meth lab explosion
- Louisburg skydiver rescued from tree
- Ex-boyfriend charged again in Shaw student's 1996 murder
- Officer shoots man at Raleigh business while responding to 911 call
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||2,045.09||+32.20 (+1.60%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||55.64||-0.27 (-0.48%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||114.96||+0.69 (+0.60%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.