Mixed earnings from a large number of U.S. companies had stocks moving between modest gains and losses Thursday, despite strong results from a handful of names including Apple and Caterpillar. 3M was among those whose results disappointed investors.
- GM 1Q profit dragged down by recalls
- American Airlines swings to $480M 1Q profit
- Stocks mostly higher on earnings gains; Apple up
- Russia's Putin calls the Internet a 'CIA project'
- United loses $609M in 1Q; fares don't cover costs
- Verizon 1Q profit surges on Vodafone-related gains
- Marlboro maker Altria 1Q profit falls
- UPS blames winter weather for drop in 1Q profit
- Caterpillar 1Q profit climbs 5 pct, forecast rises
- View More »
Potential sale not expected to affect Holly Springs vaccine plant
Beef prices skyrocketing with increased demand
Investigator says $30B in NC pension fund hidden from workers, retirees
Job market welcoming to business majors
Wake Forest home is test bed for faster internet
Behavioral interviewing weeds out candidates quicker
Go Realty gives back
Renovated Terminal 1 shines light on travel
Password changes recommended after online security flaw detected
IRA, HSA contributions can be made in final week before filing taxes
GM's Equinox, Terrain perform well in SUV crash tests
SmartShopper: Many companies offering spring deals
- Deals ahead? Cree CEO looking for 'strategic opportunities'
- Vivek Wadhwa: 'Location, location, location' is not mantra for tech success now
- GSK-Novartis deals slide show: How they change GSK
- Novartis-GSK deals slide show: How they change Novartis
- MCNC expands network capabilities in deal with Sentinel Data Centers
- View More »
|▲S&P 500||1,881.53||+6.14 (+0.33%)|
|▼OPEC Oil||104.99||-0.20 (-0.19%)|
|▲SPDR GOLD||124.24||+0.48 (+0.39%)|
Quotes delayed at least 20 mins.