Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, Trump's pick for National Security Adviser, got much of his education at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he earned a masters and a doctorate in history.
State senators will once again try to hold a confirmation hearing for Military and Veterans Affairs Secretary Larry Hall on Thursday.
- Bill would lower mandatory school attendance age from 7 to 6
- Question lingers: Who has power over NC public schools?
- Today@NCCapitol (Feb. 22): Lawmakers, governor head toward second confirmation showdown
- Tuesday Wrap: A tiff here, a tiff there
- Cooper, Stein move to end voting rights case
- Lawmakers push again for partisan judicial races
- Today@NCCapitol (Feb. 21): Teacher pay, judicial elections on tap
- Monday Wrap: Get the governor's pen ready
- Cooper outlines plan to raise NC teacher pay to national average
- New in the House: Joe John
- View More »
High-profile lawsuits keep NC in court
Gov. Roy Cooper campaign promise tracker
Complete coverage: House Bill 2
Breaking down the data: 2016 early voting
Tracking political ads in NC
Fact Check: Political claims
Tracking who gives what to NC lawmakers
Job Promise Explorer
How money flows into elections
Database: Exempt employees
Profiles: NC policy groups shaping political conversation
- House OKs shift in trial court judge elections
- Bills addressing profiling, hate crimes pushed by Democrats
- Bill would punish local governments for 'sanctuary policies'
- General Assembly sends UNC board reduction bill to Cooper
- New NC Democratic leader talks rural vote, diversity
- McCrory on poll before signing HB2: 'Wow'
- View More »