The North Carolina Medical Board and the North Carolina State Bar are tasked with making sure doctors and lawyers, respectively, follow codes of professional conduct. But when conduct goes from unprofessional to illegal, the cases aren't always turned over to authorities.
- Failing stars: NC rating system doesn't always reflect quality of day care centers
- Former VA worker says vets aren't only ones mistreated by system
- Fees grow faster than nest egg in NC employees' pension fund
- Wake struggles to treat mentally ill
- VA 'has failed miserably' at handling vets' disability claims
- View More »