Millions of people depend on their tax refund checks for everything from paying household bills to taking a vacation, but the federal government is putting a hold on some refunds this year in an effort to fight tax fraud.
- Government fund compensates people hurt by vaccinations
- Failing stars: NC rating system doesn't always reflect quality of day care centers
- Former VA worker says vets aren't only ones mistreated by system
- Fees grow faster than nest egg in NC employees' pension fund
- Wake struggles to treat mentally ill
- View More »