Federal data show 34 percent of North Carolina's 96,000 full-time public school teachers missed at least two weeks of classes in a single academic year.
- NC doctors, lawyers sometimes not prosecuted for criminal acts
- Highway Patrol sergeant under investigation after he was found at home while on duty
- Government fund compensates people hurt by vaccinations
- Failing stars: NC rating system doesn't always reflect quality of day care centers
- Former VA worker says vets aren't only ones mistreated by system
- View More »