A State Highway Patrol sergeant whom WRAL Investigates found at home last fall when he was supposed to be working is now staying home all the time after the agency fired him.
- NC veterinary board punishments for accidents, neglect too soft, pet owners say
- Friends: Fight for disability benefits led vet to kill himself at Durham VA
- Opioid addiction newest battle line for many veterans
- More than 30 percent of NC public school teachers missed 10 days in 2014
- After Matthew, flaws in levee design left Princeville underwater -- again
- View More »