Lake levels are updated daily around 11 a.m., based on information provided by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and the National Weather Service.
Levels shown represent the elevation of the lake surface above mean sea level (in feet), while the number to the right indicates the change in level during the past 24 hours.
Normal levels are those which the lake and its controlling spillways are designed to maintain on a routine, long-term basis for purposes of water supply, flood control, electricity generation and recreational use. Extended periods of dry or wet weather may cause the lake to fall short of or exceed these levels.
Readings for Falls and Jordan Lakes are available in a daily report from the Army Corps of Engineers at epec.saw.usace.army.mil/dailyrep.txt (look toward the lower right-hand corner). A temperature for Gaston Lake can sometimes be obtained at www.dom.com/ftpdom/ncpower/roanoke/graph1.bmp.
Published: 2006-08-16 13:49:00
Updated: 2014-06-12 13:31:51
Triangle Area Special Offers
- Quick move-in homes ready now, from the #1 Homebuilder in the Triangle! View Lennar homes.
- Become a Durham County Foster Parent
- Myrtle Beach Getaway Specials & Package Deals
- Move-in ready homes across the Triangle available from Lennar! Click to view inventory.
- Register to Win a $12,000 Bathroom or Kitchen
— Thu 12:05 a.m.
— Wed 11:08 p.m.
— Wed 10:32 p.m.
— Wed 9:22 p.m.
— Wed 8:44 p.m.
— Wed 8:29 p.m.