Rep. John Szoka, R-Cumberland, holds a news conference to discuss his proposal to exempt military retirement pay for veterans from state income tax.
- Senate panel debates tax cut plan
- GOP: NC can handle both tax cuts, more education spending
- GOP tax cut plan before NC Senate panel
- GOP lawmakers look to slash individual, corporate income taxes in NC
- GOP lawmakers roll out tax cut proposal
- Fact check: Christie exaggerates effects of proposed capital-gains tax
- Fact check: Yellen says 'corporate income has increased as a share of GDP'
- 'It'll go a long way'; Parents, children benefit from new tax credit
- White House releases Biden's tax returns in restoration of presidential tradition
- Nearly a quarter of NC House members have close ties to companies with PPP loans
- View More »
Stocks sank again on Wall Street Friday, knocking the S&P 500 to its worst weekly loss since February, as more steam comes out of banks and other stocks that soared earlier this year with expectations for the economy and inflation.
The declaration of Juneteenth as a federal holiday is putting the pressure on more U.S. companies to give their employees the day off, accelerating a movement that took off last year in response to the racial justice protests that swept the country.
- Judge rules for Florida on CDC order blocking cruise ships
- Boeing's newest version of the 737 Max makes first flight
- Grocery stores are excited to charge you higher prices
- Republicans point to inflation in bid to retake Congress
- Bank of America gives WFH employees a Labor Day deadline to return to the office
- Governor tells lawmakers to 'go back to the drawing board' on major energy bill
- Cruise giant Carnival says customers affected by breach
- Developer, business owners seek to give back to southeast Raleigh neighborhood where they grew up
- US jobless claims tick up to 412,000 from a pandemic low
- High court backs Nestle, Cargill in child slave labor suit
- View More »