President Joe Biden made a forceful pitch to Republicans in Congress to "listen to their constituents" and pass his $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan to help Americans recover from the pandemic. We check his claim about overall support and Republican support.
In a speech on the floor of the U.S. House, Rep. Ted Budd said there's about 9% of (the American Rescue Plan) actually going to COVID, meaning 91% of it is not even COVID-related." PolitiFact North Carolina checks his claim.
During a Feb. 2 interview on Fox News, Rep. Steve Scalise, R-La., claimed President Joe Biden was allowing unauthorized immigrants to move ahead of American citizens to get their covid-19 vaccines.
If the government connected inflation to the minimum wage when it hit $7.25 an hour, President Biden said the minimum wage would be "$20 an hour right now." The U.S. Labor Department's data doesn't support his claim.
A new television ad airing in North Carolina slams liberals for not reopening grade schools across the country. The State Government Leadership Foundation, a conservative nonprofit, is launching a "Let Kids Learn" campaign that calls on state lawmakers to allow in-person instruction. The foundation partnered with N2 America, a nonprofit formed recently to improve conservative outreach in the suburbs.
- Fact check: Johnston County billboard slams Cooper over 'Type 1 diabetes'
- Fact check: How many student loan borrowers failed to finish college?
- Fact check: Is Biden 'raising the prices of insulin and Epi-Pens' for some?
- Fact check: Cooper says GOP bill would 'strip' school health protocols
- Fact check: Has Elaine Marshall won more statewide races than any North Carolina politician?
- View More »
Politifact looks into President Trump's claim COVID cases falling across U.S.
WRAL partners with PolitiFact NC to fact check political stories
Suggest a fact check: What political statements do you want the Politifact NC team to check?
How we determine Truth-O-Meter ratings
How we choose claims to fact-check
Our on-the-record sourcing
Our ethics policy for PolitiFact journalists
Facebook adds more protection against fake news
Previous WRAL fact checks
- Bobbie Richardson elected 1st Black NC Democratic chair
- Summer school to counter losses in online learning passes House
- Slow census data means NC could delay '21 municipal elections, '22 primary
- Constitution, Green parties get more time to keep NC voters
- Impeachment vote becomes defining moment for GOP senator
- Wait for young drivers reduced in NC Senate measure
- View More »
- Minimum wage hike all but dead in big COVID relief bill
- Democratic voting bill would make biggest changes in decades
- Trump calls for GOP unity, repeats lies about election loss
- Cuomo sorry for remarks aide 'misinterpreted' as harassment
- Supreme Court could put new limits on voting rights lawsuits
- Biden administration resumes Taliban peace talks
- View More »
Published: 2019-11-15 13:20:00
Updated: 2020-05-11 12:59:11