Local News

Staff member treated for smoke inhalation after fire at Southeast Raleigh High

Posted March 14

A staff member at Southeast Raleigh High School was treated for smoke inhalation Tuesday morning after a fire destroyed a dryer.
Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A staff member at Southeast Raleigh Magnet High School was treated for smoke inhalation Tuesday morning after a fire destroyed a dryer.

Smoke filled the hallways along the east wing of the school around 8:45 a.m., according to Raleigh Fire Department officials.

The employee was taken to a local hospital for treatment after trying to put out the fire.

No students were injured, but the school was evacuated during the incident.

1 Comment

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • Bruce Allali Mar 15, 8:27 a.m.
    user avatar

    Keep your family safe from SMOKE INHALATION.. Every room MUST have a FIREMASK. The FIREMASK is an anti-smoke mask that will allow you to breathe for 60 minutes in smoke. You can them on find AMAZON. #firemask https://www.amazon.com/FIREMASK-Emergency-Escape-Resistant-FIREGLOVES-/dp/B01BU2OX7W/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1458304339&sr=8-3&keywords=firemask