Local News

Six displaced by fire at Knightdale home

Posted December 6, 2014

Two adults and four children under 10 were displaced from their Knightdale home late Friday after a fire started in a dryer, authorities said.
Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— Two adults and four children under 10 were displaced from their Knightdale home late Friday after a fire started in a dryer, authorities said.

Fire crews responded to the home, at 607 Luxury Lane, at about midnight. Investigators said a man inside discovered the fire, evacuated his family from the home and then went back inside to get baby formula.

The man was taken to WakeMed for the treatment of smoke inhalation. Four children between the age of 6 weeks and 10 years old were treated at the scene.

The fire was contained to the laundry room, fire officials said, but the rest of the home was heavily damaged by smoke.

Red Cross officials were assisting the family early Saturday.

Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all