Search warrant: Wake Forest triple homicide suspect confessed
Posted April 6
Wake Forest, N.C. — The suspect in a triple homicide in March told investigators he committed the crime, according to search warrants obtained on Wednesday.
Jon Sander, 52, of 5917 Clearsprings Drive, was charged last month with the murder of Elaine Toby Mazzella, 76, Sandy Mazzella, 47, and Stephanie Ann Mazzella, 43, at a Wake Forest residence on the same street as his own. Authorities said the shooting might have stemmed from an earlier dispute between neighbors.
Search warrants said Sander had a cut above his eye at the time of his arrest—investigators were looking for blood evidence at the scene connected to the cut.
The Wake County Sheriff's Office confiscated items from Sander's home, including cell phones, a shotgun, a handgun and ammunition, according to the warrants. Investigators also recovered phones, computers, a handgun and ammunition from 5907 Clearspings Drive, where the shooting occurred.