Local News

Robeson County woman killed in fire

Posted May 14, 2008

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A disabled woman died in a Tuesday morning fire, authorities said.

Theresa Prosser, 60, died in a mobile home fire in the 200 block of Brisson Sands Drive, authorities said.

Authorities said Prosser's husband had been smoking, and his cigarette fell into the cushions of his chair when he got up to go to the bathroom. The chair went up in flames, and he was unable to put out the fire, authorities said.

Louis Prosser got his mother-in-law out of the home but wasn't able to rescue his wife, who was a paraplegic, authorities said.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • Why Is My Slim Physique Envied May 16, 2008

    That poor woman! He had no business smoking in the house, THAT GOES FOR ANYONE!

  • Adelinthe May 14, 2008

    What a horrible way to die - knowing it's coming and you can't get away.

    Praying for this family.

    God bless.

    Rev. RB