Police unable to prove Carrboro drive-by shooting occurred
Posted August 9, 2010
Carrboro, N.C. — Police said Monday that they have been unable to substantiate that a drive-by shooting occurred in Carrboro last month.
Three people told police that they were walking along Jones Ferry Road near Davie Road in the early hours of July 29 when a vehicle drove up and shots were fired from the vehicle.
One person was wounded and was treated at UNC Hospitals and released.
Investigators found inconsistencies in the accounts of the incident, and they closed their investigation, saying there was no threat to the public.