Local News

Pair burned after throwing gas on fire in Zebulon

Posted August 14

— Two teens were burned Monday when they threw gasoline and charcoal onto a pile of burning trash and yard debris in Zebulon, authorities said.

The incident occurred at about 11 a.m. at 10772 Patrician Way.

Joshua Strickland, 17, who lives at the home, suffered severe burns and was transported to North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill.

Devin Simonson, 16, of Maxton, suffered minor burns to his legs and was treated at the scene.

Map
4 Comments

Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • Janet Ghumri Aug 14, 8:56 p.m.
    user avatar

    Prayers for their recovery. Hard lesson learned by these two man children. Hopefully a cautionary tale for others.

  • Ralph Savary Aug 14, 5:55 p.m.
    user avatar

    2 Darwin runner-ups.

  • Larry Fellers Aug 14, 5:00 p.m.
    user avatar

    Can't fix stupid...

  • Steve Faulkner Aug 14, 3:55 p.m.
    user avatar

    Darwinism at work.