Local News

Olive Chapel Elementary Evacuated After Gas Leak

Posted September 14, 2007

— A gas leak forced the evacuation of students at Olive Chapel Elementary School Friday morning.

Wake County school officials said the gas leak started in the school's cafeteria during some equipment repairs. Students were evacuated for a hour before being allowed to return to class.

The cafeteria does not have gas or electricity, so students are being served sandwiches in their classrooms for lunch.

An automated voicemail will be sent to parents explaining Friday's incident.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all