Two more arrested in Henderson home invasion
Posted January 4, 2012
Updated January 5, 2012
Henderson, N.C. — Vance County deputies have arrested two more men wanted in a fatal Henderson home invasion last week, in which a teenager shot and killed one of the intruders.
Michael Anthony Henderson Jr., 19, is accused of going to the home at 586 S. Lynnbank Road on Thursday, along with his brother and two other men.
A 14-year-old boy and his 17-year-old sister were home at the time, and the boy shot and killed Henderson.
Deputies have charged Seneca Henderson, 20, of 907 S. Beckford Drive, No. 134, and Jatwaun Donkes Davis, 21, of 199 Belle Russell Road, with felony breaking and entering, conspiracy to commit breaking and entering, entering a building with intent to commit larceny and injury to real property.
Andrew Terry, 23, of 113 N. Woods Drive, was charged with first-degree burglary, felony larceny after breaking and entering, felony possession stolen goods and misdemeanor financial card fraud.
All three are expected to make their first court appearances next Monday.
No charges are expected against the teen for firing on Michael Henderson. North Carolina's Castle Doctrine law, updated on Dec. 1, allows homeowners to assume intruders mean them ill whether they have a weapon on not.
The family has declined to comment since the shooting.
The boy calmly described in a 911 call how he shot the intruder.
"I just shot the man. He came around the corner. I shot him. He broke the whole glass out (of the back door)," the teen told the 911 dispatcher.
The boy's sister called 911 to report that someone was banging on the door trying to get in. She said she was hiding in her bedroom closet but told the dispatcher that her brother had a gun.