Local News

NCCU To Spend $800,000 To Get Rid Of Toxic Mold

Posted May 22, 2003

— N.C. Central University is reaching deep in its pockets to clear the campus of toxic mold.

By the end of the summer, the university will spend around $800,000 on the Lee Biology Building. It has been shut down since February, when inspectors found the toxic mold.

Officials say at least five other campus buildings are also contaminated.

NCCU Chancellor James Ammons has asked the UNC system for $20 million to help with the repairs.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all