Local News

Sanford Herald Workers Treated After Inhaling Carbon Monoxide Fumes

Posted November 12, 2002

— Employees of

The Sanford Herald

were allowed back into their building Tuesday after two employees inhaled what's believed to be carbon monoxide fumes.

Two men were preparing Tuesday's editions for delivery when they began feeling sick. Firefighters said the men had been using a forklift, and it was possible that the fumes from the machinery filled the building.

Windows were opened and fans were placed in doorways to help ventilate the building. The building was later declared safe.

The two employees were taken to Central Carolina Hospital and given oxygen. Five more employees went to the hospital as a precaution.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all