Local News

Lightning-sparked house fire in north Raleigh injures one

Posted July 10, 2010

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

Map

— Lightning sparked a one-alarm fire that injured one person and damaged a house in north Raleigh early Saturday, fire investigators say.

A 911 call at 12:18 a.m. reported the fire at 4215 Arbutus Drive, according to the incident report. Flames were coming out the roof of the one-story house when crews arrived. Twenty-six firefighters labored to bring the fire under control shortly before 1 a.m.

One resident of the house suffered minor burns to the arm and leg, the report says. The victim did not have to be transported to a hospital.

The fire damaged a quarter of the house, rendering it uninhabitable and displacing four people, according to the report.

Investigators determined that lightning had struck the house, which had a smoke detector.

Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all