What's Open: Museums, family destinations cut back hours this weekend
Posted December 21, 2010
Have out-of-town guests visiting? Wondering what the holiday hours are for your favorite family destinations in the Triangle so you can get them all out of the house?
Look no further:
- The N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences and N.C. Museum of History will be closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday - that's Christmas Eve, Christmas and Dec. 26.
- The N.C. Museum of Art will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas, though the museum park is open both days to the public.
- Marbles Kids Museum in Raleigh will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas. Its IMAX theater will be open both days.
- The Museum of Life and Science in Durham is closed on Christmas.
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center in Durham will be closed Christmas Eve and Christmas. But it is open for special extended holiday hours. Check my earlier post for more.
- Kidzu Children's Museum in Chapel Hill is closed Christmas Eve and Christmas.
- The N.C. Zoo in Asheboro is closed Christmas.
- The Nasher Museum of Art is closed Christmas Eve and Christmas.
- The state historic sites in the Triangle, including the State Capitol, Duke Homestead, Bennett Place and Bentonville Battlefield, are closed Christmas Eve through Dec. 27. They reopen Dec. 28.