Local News

Indoor grill sends family to hospital

Posted February 19, 2009

Map Marker  Find News Near Me

— A family of four was taken to Rex Hospital early Thursday after being overcome by carbon monoxide in their home, authorities said.

Paramedics went to the house on Glendower Road at about 1 a.m. Thursday and found members of the family suffering from symptoms resembling carbon monoxide poisoning.

Authorities said they found elevated levels of the deadly gas inside the home and noted that a charcoal grill was in the living room. Authorities said it was unclear whether the family was using the grill for cooking or heating.

23 Comments

This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all
  • james27613 Feb 20, 2009

    I got one better then this...

    work at a local home center, got a call from a guy in
    new york city, he wanted to mail order one of those
    propane fired turkey fryers !

    He wanted to put it on the balcony of his condo in NY City !

    Four to five gallons of hot peanut oil falling down seven
    floors onto pedestrians on the sidewalk.

    We did not sell it to him.

  • boomylar Feb 20, 2009

    wow that was smart

  • scientistjo Feb 20, 2009

    "Scientistjo, you win for coming up with a dumber headline... ... wait a minute was it YOUR grill???"

    haha! thank you

  • Blues Man Z Feb 20, 2009

    "Failed Republican economics sends family to hospital"

    Scientistjo, you win for coming up with a dumber headline...
    ... wait a minute was it YOUR grill???

  • scientistjo Feb 20, 2009

    "Failed Republican economics sends family to hospital"

  • Lightfoot3 Feb 20, 2009

    "Lack of intelligence sends family to hospital"

  • Justin T. Feb 20, 2009

    If you're going to use your grill to heat your house... throw some ribs on that bad boy. That way you can at least have a last meal.

  • TStills Feb 20, 2009

    Love the headline - its like the grill ORDERED them to go to the hospital.

    "Fondue set transports user to burn unit"

  • gr Feb 19, 2009

    oven (gee....I need to slow down here)

  • gr Feb 19, 2009

    could NOT use the over.....typo

More...