Local News

Grounds crew ATV catches fire on NC State's Centennial campus

Posted April 8, 2015

Map Marker  Find News Near Me


— A grounds crew manager at North Carolina State University said the heat of an ATV engine caused mulch underneath it to catch fire, sparking an explosion on Campus Drive Wednesday morning.

The manager attributed the fire to gardening work being done nearby that piled up mulch in one location.

No one was injured in the blaze.


Please with your WRAL.com account to comment on this story. You also will need a Facebook account to comment.

Oldest First
View all
  • Robert Thompson Apr 8, 2015
    user avatar

    Stop the press!!!

  • Jeff Abbott Apr 8, 2015
    user avatar

    Are you serious? This is news?

    Will there be a candlelight vigil on campus for the lost ATV?