Five Faves: Best Triangle coffee shops
Posted December 13, 2016
Updated December 14, 2016
Raleigh, N.C. — We all need that little kick in the morning to get moving, and as the air gets cooler, what's better than a delicious cup of joe? PSL anyone?
The Triangle is filled with great coffee shops, but here are five of my favorites (in no particular order).
1. Sola (Raleigh): I love this place! Sola Coffee Cafe is a family-owned independent coffee shop and cafe that serves great coffee and delicious treats. They even have a pop-up market twice a month that features hand-crafted goods from local artists, crafters and designers. When you go be sure to try the mini donuts!
2. Cocoa Cinnamon (Durham): This is my new favorite place! Cocoa Cinnamon has an incredibly unique menu that features a wide variety of coffees, chocolate and teas. I went out of my comfort zone and tried the Aleppo Souk - a latte with a homemade syrup including cinnamon, cumin and nutmeg topped with paprika and Aleppo pepper. I highly recommend it!
3. The Morning Times (Downtown Raleigh): A Raleigh classic at its finest! Since 2006, The Morning Times has served the downtown Raleigh community with great coffee and a wide variety of breakfast items. You can grab a table outside, or sit upstairs in a quaint area with exposed brick and hardwoods. They offer made-to-order food and a great selection of muffins, bagels and pastries if you're on the go.
4. Cup A Joe (Raleigh): Ok, I may be a bit biased on this one. With two locations in Raleigh, Hillsborough Street and Mission Valley, we in the newsroom stop by Cup A Joe a lot. With a variety of coffee, smoothies, tasty treats and teas, this place has something for everyone. Pro tip: Try the black and white cake, and don't miss out on their daily specials- including Wired Wednesday.
5. Brew (Seaboard Station Raleigh): A local spot with a calm vibe! It was my first time at Brew and I defiantly plan to go back. They have a great selection of fresh brewed coffee, lattes and cappuccinos, along with local draft beers, breakfast and snacks.