News Briefs

Fire does heavy damage to Zebulon home; family displaced

Posted February 2, 2013

Map

— Four people were displaced from a Zebulon home early Saturday after a fire started in the utility room, fire department officials said. 

Emergency crews responded to the home, in the 600 block of Sexton Avenue, about 1:15 a.m. 

Zebulon Fire Chief Sydney Perry said the fire likely started because of an electrical problem. About a quarter of the home was heavily damaged, Perry said. 

No other information was released.

Comments

This story is closed for comments. Comments on WRAL.com news stories are accepted and moderated between the hours of 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. Monday through Friday.

Oldest First
View all