Local News

Fire burns Raleigh home; one injured

Posted October 30, 2011

Map Marker  Find News Near Me


— One resident suffered minor burns when a fire burned through a Raleigh home early Sunday, firefighters said.

The fire began in a bedroom in one-story house at 2702 Poole Road around 2:10 a.m., and flames spread into the attic, said Lt. Adam Stanley, with the Raleigh Fire Department. About 30 firefighters labored for an hour to get the fire under control.

Four people inside the home got out, but one suffered minor burns to the hands. That person was treated at the scene.

Stanley said about half of the home was damaged, making it uninhabitable. The Red Cross was helping the residents find temporary shelter, food and clothing.

The fire was ruled accidental.


This story is closed for comments.

Oldest First
View all