Are you ready to get bald? St. Baldrick's events planned this week
Posted February 21, 2012
The Hibernian in Raleigh is hosting its annual St. Baldrick's Foundation head-shaving fundraiser this Saturday.
More than 400 people are expected to shave their heads at the Hibernian starting at noon to help raise money for childhood cancer research. I won't be one of them, but I will be there with a camera capturing the action for Out & About. So, check back here on Saturday evening for photos form the event.
The St. Baldrick's Foundation, a volunteer-driven charity, first held a head-shaving event at the Hibernian in 2006. Seventy-seven heads were shaved and more than $75,000 earned.
Since then, Hibernian-hosted events, which also include Cary location, have raised more than $1 million.
Here are some other local St. Baldrick's events coming up:
- Feb. 23 - RBC Center's south lawn under the large overhang facing the NC State football stadium at 4:30 p.m. before the Canes game (The first 200 fans to shave their heads before the game get four free tickets to that night's game)
- March 3 - Napper Tandy's Irish Pub at 11 a.m.
- March 10 - Hibernian in Cary at 1 p.m.
- March 16 - J & F Gemelli Hair Salon, 113 Ledgestone Way, Cary at 4:30 p.m.
- March 17 - Ruckus Pizza in Raleigh at 2 p.m.
- March 24 - West 94th St. Pub, 4711 Hope Valley Road, Durham, at noon