Cast your vote in the great bacon debate
Posted November 4, 2010 8:20 a.m. EDT
There's a battle brewing behind the scenes here at WRAL, and I need your help to finally put it to rest.
It all started yesterday when senior promotions producer Jay Yovanovich posted a simple question on Twitter: “Chewy bacon is better than crispy bacon. Who's with me?”
And with that, the great bacon debate erupted. The two camps formed quickly – Team Chewy and Team Crispy – each ferociously defending their bacon-cooking techniques.
Here are a few of the comments posted on Twitter:
- Y'all are crazy. Bacon is pork. Pork is meat. Meat should not be CRUNCHY!
- I don't get why one would partake in what is equal in taste and texture to the remnants of charcoal.
- Chewy bacon doesn't get stuck in your teeth.
- Chewy bacon requires less energy to cook and prepare, so it's better for the environment. Crispy bacon is wasteful.
- Bacon shouldn’t bend, it should shatter.
- Crispy bacon is the best; like potato chips but an even less healthful snack!
- Chewy bacon people scare me... it seems so wrong.
- There are two types of people – those who prefer chewy bacon and those who have tasted crispy bacon.
Team Chewy or Team Crispy? CAST YOUR VOTE HERE!!!
Please keep in mind that our polls are for entertainment and are not conducted in a scientific fashion.
We make no guarantees about the accuracy of the results other than that they reflect the choices of the users who participated.