Bill Leslie celebrates 30 years
Posted June 11, 2009 3:11 p.m. EDT
Updated January 20, 2011 3:21 p.m. EST
In today's inaugural post, we're celebrating a big anniversary for Anchor Bill Leslie. Today marks his 30th year with WRAL!
You can read more about this major milestone in Bill's blog today.
For all those trivia-lovers out there, here are a few fun facts about Bill:
– He and his wife, Cindy, have two children, Lauren and William.
– He enjoys playing guitar, Celtic flutes, singing, hiking, touring national parks.
– He is a composer, producer, arranger and performer on five highly acclaimed Celtic fusion CDs
– He was best friends with radio personality Rick Dees in college and roomed with John Tesh after college.
– Favorite books: Cold Mountain, Sacred Journey, and Out of Solitude
– Favorite movies: Braveheart, Rob Roy, The Green Mile and Gladiator
– Memorable interviews: President Bush on a train in 1991, Barbara Bush in Houston in 1991; Charles Kuralt just weeks before his death in 1997 and the Rev. Billy Graham at his mountain home in 1996.
Some other memorable moments from Bill's time at WRAL ...
- Bill discusses music, kilts and dialects with Brian Shrader
- Bill and his wife Cindy share their love story
- Ask Anything: 10 Questions with Bill
- Bill remembers his father through art, music