IBMA World of Bluegrass
The International Bluegrass Music Association will be hosting a celebration Sept. 24-28, 2019, in downtown Raleigh. Here's a rundown of events happening and how you can grab tickets to the shows!
Wide Open Bluegrass Street Festival (Sept. 27-28)
Where? Downtown Raleigh and Red Hat Amphitheater
- Free festival featuring eight live music stages
- Youth talent stage
- NC Whole Hog Barbecue State Championship held during the festival
- Dance Tent
- WOB Art Market
- While admission to Red Hat Amphitheater shows is free, you can purchase reserved seating. The tickets help raise money for the IBMA Trust Fund, a nonprofit that provides emergency support for bluegrass music professionals.
Tar Heel Traveler's bluegrass stories
Wide Open Bluegrass Ramble (Sept. 24-26)
Where? Various downtown Raleigh music venues and the Raleigh Convention Center
- More than 200 showcase performances
- Two official showcase stages in the Raleigh Convention Center
- Hop the Bluegrass Express, which runs nonstop between hotels and the Bluegrass Ramble venues between 7 p.m. and 2 a.m.
Price: Single Day passes are $25 for IBMA members and $30 for non-members. Full passes for all Bluegrass Ramble shows are $60 for IBMA members and $75 for non-members. Tickets are available through the IBMA website.
IBMA Business Conference (Sept. 24-26)
Where? Raleigh Convention Center
- Seminars, panels and workshops on festivals, touring, merchandise, radio, digital media, contract negotiation and more.
- Free band website consultations
- Special events, including the Gig Fair (like speed dating for artists and talent buyers), DJ Taping Session, and Song Critique Session
The International Bluegrass Music Awards (Sept. 26)
Where? Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts' Memorial Auditorium
- Features outstanding performances by the best in bluegrass and once-in-a-lifetime moments
Published: 2013-09-28 07:35:43
Updated: 2013-09-28 07:35:43