What's Open: Museums, family spots cut back hours for holiday
Looking to get out of the house this weekend? Find out when the usual family destinations will be open or closed.Posted — Updated
Museums and other family destinations are switching up their hours over the holiday weekend. So check this before you head out.
- The N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences and N.C. Museum of History will be closed Saturday, New Year's Day.
- Marbles Kids Museum will scale back its hours on New Year's Day. It will be open from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday.
- The N.C. Museum of Art will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. New Year's Day.
- The Museum of Life and Science in Durham is closed on New Year's Day.
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center in Durham will be open for special extended holiday hours. Check my earlier post for more.
- Kidzu Children's Museum in Chapel Hill will close at 4 p.m. Friday, New Year's Eve, and remain closed on New Year's Day.
- The N.C. Zoo in Asheboro is open.
- The Nasher Museum of Art is closed New Year's Day.
- State historic sites will be closed Dec. 31 through Jan. 2. Most sites are closed on Mondays normally, but a few will be open, including the Alamance Battleground, the State Capitol, Bentonville Battlefield and the N.C. Transportation Museum.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.