What's Open: Museums, family spots cut back hours for holiday
Posted December 29, 2010 3:32 p.m. EST
Museums and other family destinations are switching up their hours over the holiday weekend. So check this before you head out.
- The N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences and N.C. Museum of History will be closed Saturday, New Year's Day.
- Marbles Kids Museum will scale back its hours on New Year's Day. It will be open from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday.
- The N.C. Museum of Art will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. New Year's Day.
- The Museum of Life and Science in Durham is closed on New Year's Day.
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center in Durham will be open for special extended holiday hours. Check my earlier post for more.
- Kidzu Children's Museum in Chapel Hill will close at 4 p.m. Friday, New Year's Eve, and remain closed on New Year's Day.
- The N.C. Zoo in Asheboro is open.
- The Nasher Museum of Art is closed New Year's Day.
- State historic sites will be closed Dec. 31 through Jan. 2. Most sites are closed on Mondays normally, but a few will be open, including the Alamance Battleground, the State Capitol, Bentonville Battlefield and the N.C. Transportation Museum.