I live in Wake County in a subdivison that is in the county, but have an Apex address. We are on a community well. I am unclear about our watering allowances. Can you clarify that for me?

Posted Updated

Carolyn Adams

MIKE MOSS SAYS:      Carolyn,     Any restrictions imposed on unincorporated portions of Wake County at this time are at the direction of the North Carolina Utilities Commission. The commission distributes its restrictions via the private water supply companies that provide community well service, usually via a letter from the company or an enclosure in monthly statements, so you may want to consider contacting the company that serves your neighborhood (probably Aqua North Carolina) to verify what guidelines they have in place. Municipal restrictions, along with some conservation suggestions and tips, are available at the Wake County government web site at




Copyright 2024 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.