What is the study of cold weather called?

Posted Updated


MIKE MOSS SAYS:   Stuart,    I'm afraid I'm drawing a blank on that one, as I'm not aware of any commonly used term describing the study of cold weather. One does hear of arctic or polar meteorology, but that refers more to regions of the earth than the cold weather per se. If anyone knows of something I'm just failing to think of, feel free to chime in. Or, make up a new term! Cryometeorology comes to mind - any other suggestions?

Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.