Local News

Warren Co. house fire leaves one dead, another severely injured

Posted December 25, 2020 2:29 p.m. EST
Updated December 25, 2020 2:50 p.m. EST

Arson or nature disaster - burning fire flame on wooden house ro

— A tragic fire burned through a home in the town of Macon on Christmas Day. One person died and another was airlifted to UNC burn center, officials said.

Andy Chase, 60, died inside the home and was legally blind.

His caretaker, a woman, tried to help the man get out of the home when the fire started. While she was trying to help Chase, her clothes caught on fire and she ran to the neighbors house to call 911.

Four fire departments responded to the call.

The fire started at around 2 a.m. on Friday. A firefighter also had to be transported to the hospital for chest pains, but he was ok.

Church Five Forks Volunteer Fire Department said that their thoughts and prayers go out to all involved in the fire.

Officials did not release any information on the cause of the fire.

Our commenting policy has changed. If you would like to comment, please share on social media using the icons below and comment there.