Wake County names principal, assistant principal of the year finalists
Posted August 19, 2019 3:02 p.m. EDT
Updated August 19, 2019 3:05 p.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — The Wake County Public School System has named five finalists for Principal of the Year and five finalists for Assistant Principal of the Year for the 2019-20 school year.
The principal finalists are:
- Elena Ashburn, Broughton Magnet High
- Gretta Dula, Ligon Magnet Middle
- Bob Grant, Washington Magnet Elementary
- Ruth Steidinger, Olive Chapel Elementary
- Annice Williams, Poe Magnet Elementary
The assistant principal finalists are:
- Leslie Blake, Millbrook Magnet Elementary
- Catie Burnette, Hilburn Academy
- Kenya Moore-Kerr, Vandora Springs Elementary
- Dena Nealy, East Millbrook Magnet Middle
- Monica Sawyer, Enloe Magnet High
The selection process for both the Principal and Assistant Principal of the Year awards is the same. Semi-finalists are selected by their peers. Semi-finalists are then invited to submit a short biography. Principals and assistant principals across the district then vote to select five finalists in each category.
Finalists will submit an e-portfolio and participate in an e-portfolio review, site visit and interview. The finalists with the highest scores on the measures will be selected as the Principal and Assistant Principal of the Year. They will be named at a special celebration on Oct. 3.