VP spouses campaigning in NC
Posted October 26, 2020 8:45 a.m. EDT
Updated October 28, 2020 4:22 p.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — The spouses of both major-party vice presidential candidates were in North Carolina on Monday as the nation enters the final full week before Election Day.
Karen Pence, the wife of Vice President Mike Pence, was to headline a campaign event in New Hill, in southern Wake County, on Monday afternoon.
Meanwhile, Doug Emhoff, the husband of Democratic vice presidential candidate Sen. Kamala Harris, was to be in Winston-Salem and Boone for campaign events focused on early voting.
In other campaign events across the state this week:
- Mike Pence returned to North Carolina on Tuesday, with events in Greensboro and Wilmington.
- President Donald Trump's younger daughter, Tiffany Trump, held two events in Charlotte on Tuesday morning.
- The president's older daughter, Ivanka Trump, was in Charlotte on Wednesday morning.
- The president's daughter-in-law, Lara Trump, headlined an event in Greensboro on Wednesday.
- Rapper and activist Common held events in Greensboro on Wednesday to boost early voting.
- Legendary singer James Taylor, a Chapel Hill native, and Olympic figure skater Michelle Kwan hosted a virtual event for Biden on Wednesday evening.
- Eric Trump, the president's second son, will hold an event in Ellerbe on Friday afternoon.