Vance County Business Catches Fire
Posted September 22, 2007 6:09 p.m. EDT
Updated September 23, 2007 4:08 p.m. EDT
Henderson — Emergency workers fought a fire at Pacific Mulch Inc. in Henderson late Saturday afternoon.
No toxins were released by the fire, which burned only wood, fire officials said.
The Bearpond Fire Department responded to initial calls about the fire at 650 Peter Gill Road just after 4 p.m. Along with the Vance County Fire Department, crews brought the fire under control by 10 p.m.
Earlier, residents worried about contaminants after seeing smoke from Pacific Mulch.