Local News

Utility Contractor Shocked by Transformer

Posted July 10, 2007 11:57 a.m. EDT
Updated July 11, 2007 6:31 a.m. EDT

— An employee of a utility contracting crew was burned over 70 percent of his body Tuesday morning when he came into contact with an electrical transformer, authorities said.

A crew from MasTec was working on power lines at the corner of Nesee Street and Hoke Loop Road in Fayetteville when Alan George came into contact with a transformer on the ground, officials said.

George, who was burned from his head to his knees, was airlifted to the Jaycee Burn Center at University of North Carolina Hospitals in Chapel Hill. He is listed in critical condition.

Our commenting policy has changed. If you would like to comment, please share on social media using the icons below and comment there.