Local News

Turkey Fryer Sends 6 to Hospital

Posted July 26, 2007 4:35 p.m. EDT
Updated July 26, 2007 10:14 p.m. EDT

— Six people were taken to WakeMed Thursday afternoon as a precaution for carbon monoxide poisoning, authorities said.

A resident of the Quail Ridge Apartments complex at the intersection of Falls of Neuse and Millbrook roads hooked up a turkey fryer inside an apartment, authorities said. Propane fueled the fryer, authorities said.

Some of the six people taken to WakeMed were in adjacent apartments, authorities said.

The Raleigh Fire Department tested the apartments for carbon monoxide and spent about two hours at the complex airing out the apartments.

Our commenting policy has changed. If you would like to comment, please share on social media using the icons below and comment there.