National News

Turf war: Neighbors say squatters battling for one home

Posted November 28, 2017 2:30 p.m. EST

— A community is on alert after neighbors say squatters are battling for one home near Sahara and Nellis.

"I don't go out at night at all," said Ruby Franks, "... I used to."

Neighbors tell 13 Action News the homeowners moved out approximately two years ago. Since then, there has been an ongoing problem with alleged squatters.

Recently, the situation became more intense after an expletive-filled note was posted on the door of the vacant property. Essentially, it is a warning from one group to the other.

"We're not sure how that's going to turn out," said Star Bryan.

County spokesman Dan Kulin says they've received complaints regarding the property. Currently, this is an open case. No further details can be released at this time.

13 Action News will continue to follow this developing story.