Temperatures are expected to climb near 100 degrees today and tomorrow, but WRAL meteorologist Elizabeth Gardner says it's going to feel a lot hotter than that.
But if you want to stay home, here are some ideas that might cool everybody down a little bit. Click on the links for more information.
- Make homemade popsicles or easy homemade ice cream.
- Make a homemade tabletop ice hockey rink. So this project is a bit involved, but the folks over at Family Fun say "hockey buffs will love nothing better."
- Try some blueberry and lemon ices. Family Fun (which I do go to for crafts and recipes for kids) offers up this cool treat.
- Besides hot temperatures, what melts ice fastest? Salt? Sugar? Pepper? Have your school-age kids try this experiment.
- Make ice spikes and learn all about snowflakes from some experts at CalTech.
Or you could tackle a major household project. That's what I'm doing: baby proofing the house now that the baby in the house can crawl. But that's not really much fun.
Please share your own ideas.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.