Today@NCCapitol: Redistricting, teacher pay and tax cuts
Posted October 24, 2019 5:00 a.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — Here's what's happening at the General Assembly on Thursday, Oct. 24:
- House Redistricting holds hearing on three proposals to reform the process of drawing legislative and congressional district maps. (9 a.m., 643 LOB)
- Senate Nominations considers three appointments to the North Carolina Utilities Commission. (10 a.m., 1027/1128 LB)
- Senate Judiciary takes up a proposal to amend state abuse laws. (10:30 a.m., 1124/1224 LB)
- The House has five bills on its 11 a.m. floor session, including allowing in-state tuition for athletic scholarships and exempting cemeteries from property taxes.
- The Senate likewise holds an 11 a.m. voting session on five bills, including "mini-budgets" for teacher salary step increases and proposals to cut the state's business franchise tax rate and raise the standard deduction on individual income taxes.