Today@NCCapitol: Double override time
Posted June 12, 2018 5:00 a.m. EDT
Updated June 12, 2018 9:28 a.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — Here's what's happening in the General Assembly on Tuesday, June 12:
- The House meets at 9:30 a.m. and is expected to complete the override of Gov. Roy Cooper's veto of the $23.9 billion state budget. WRAL.com will air the debate live.
- Other items on the House agenda include the Build NC Bond Act, which would allow the state treasurer to issue up to $300 million a year in debt for road construction projects, and a measure to create a system to track rape kits at law enforcement agencies statewide.
- The Senate Elections Committee has bills dealing with placing names on ballots and vacant U.S. Senate seats on the agenda for its 11 a.m. meeting.
- The House Agriculture Committee will hold a two-hour meeting, starting at 2 p.m., to go over the annual farm bill, which includes controversial provisions limiting nuisance lawsuits and barring plant-based beverages to market themselves as "milk."
- The annual Alcoholic Beverage Control omnibus bill will be debated by the Senate Finance Committee at 1 p.m.
- The House Elections & Ethics Law Committee meets at 3:30 p.m. and will hear public comment on legislation that would require online political ads to disclose who paid for them.
Looking for something else? Check out the full legislative calendar.