Local parks department offer a wide variety of classes and activities for kids. You'll find programs for babies to teens (and moms and dads too).
They are typically inexpensive and often a great opportunity to expose kids to everything from sports and science to art and nature. The time is now to sign up for many fall programs at parks across the region.
Here are the details on some of the local park programs:
- Registration for Raleigh's programs began Aug. 2. Click here to see the copy of the September to December 2011 Leisure Ledger, the city's catalog of programs, and to find out how to register.
- Registration for Cary's programs opened this month. Cary residents can sign up for the programs online, by phone, by mail or at most parks. Non-residents may start registering for programs on Aug. 15. Click here for details.
- Durham's Play More catalog for September to December is now available. Click here for details.
- Fall program registration in Chapel Hill doesn't begin until next month. But click here to find the spot where you'll find more information as it gets closer to the dates. You can also see the current catalog and programs.
- Apex park's program guide is now available. Click here for details.
- Fuquay-Varina's program guide is available. Click here for more.
- Click here to find out more about what Wake County parks has to offer. Some of the parks will offer special programs that are part of Take A Child Outside Week next month.
- Morrisville park's fall brochure is up. Click here to find it.
So I hope that will get you started. If your local parks program is not on this list, go to our full listing of regional park departments.