Three injured in fire at Durham apartment complex
Posted October 12, 2018 12:37 a.m. EDT
Durham, N.C. — Three people were injured after a fire broke out at a Durham apartment complex Thursday night.
Authorities said firefighters arrived at the Oak Creek Apartments at 4230 Garrett Road and found heavy fire visible from the two-story building.
Officials said three people were injured, including one person who was taken by ambulance to the UNC Burn Center.
Eight apartments were damaged as a result of the fire and the Red Cross was assisting about 20 residents who were displaced.
Authorities did not say what may have sparked the fire.