Local News

Suspect in fatal shooting in Wake Forest turns himself in, is charged

Posted December 31, 2019 10:23 p.m. EST
Updated December 31, 2019 10:29 p.m. EST

Christopher Lewis Jr. (Wake Forest Police photo)

— A suspect in a fatal shooting that happened on Dec. 18 in Wake Forest has turned himself in and is facing charges, according to Wake Forest police.

Officials said Christopher Lee Lewis Jr. turned himself in earlier Tuesday. He has been charged with one count of murder in the fatal shooting of Myles Anthony Wilson on Dec. 18, a week before Christmas.

Police were called to the 300 block of North Taylor Street at 10:05 p.m. on Dec. 18 and found a man who had been shot, Wake Forest spokesman Bill Crabtree said. The man died at WakeMed.

It was the first murder in Wake Forest in 2019.

Our commenting policy has changed. If you would like to comment, please share on social media using the icons below and comment there.