Students relocated after gas leak at Poe Elementary
Posted October 8, 2008 2:42 p.m. EDT
Updated October 8, 2008 3:51 p.m. EDT
Raleigh, N.C. — Students at Poe Elementary School in Raleigh were forced to move away from the front of the building Wednesday afternoon due to a gas leak. The leak was capped and no students were injured, Greg Thomas, a spokesman for Wake County schools, said.
Thomas said students were moved to a part of the school away from the leak for the remainder of the day and dismissed at the regular time of 3:35 p.m.