Students recovering after Nash County wreck
Posted August 27, 2009 1:21 p.m. EDT
Bailey, N.C. — Two of the student-athletes injured in a wreck Wednesday in Nash County are out of the hospital, authorities said.
Leonicio Guerra Jr., 17, was driving three others to a soccer game at Southern Nash High School when he lost control of his vehicle near the intersection of Southern Nash High and Fire Tower roads in Bailey. Troopers said the vehicle was traveling 80 mph in a 50 mph zone.
Guerra and Jesus Rodas, 16, were taken to Wilson Memorial Hospital. Both had been released Thursday.
Paramedics transported Jose Salazar, 17, and Daniel Arroyo, 17, to WakeMed. Salazar was in fair condition Thursday; Arroyo was in good condition.