Students and staff treated with Narcan after being exposed to fentanyl at school
A school nurse and others in Monroe County, Tennessee were exposed to fentanyl after a student dropped a vape pen that broke. Those who were exposed were treated with Narcan.
I had my child, don't text me at 1 30. I would have never known all this was going on. There's tons of drugs in that school and you don't give me the option to come pick up my kid without my kid calling me. But if there's snow on the ground, you definitely called me Sequoyah High parents say their kids were the ones calling to let them know that they were on lockdown. They wouldn't let me come pick him up. I mean that's it. That's an issue. I was never notified by any official from the school. The Monroe County Sheriff's office says they arrested a 17 year old student with a Vape pen containing a drug 80 to 100 times more potent than morphine. Deputies say the device hit the ground exposing fentaNYL. It's unclear how the two school resource officers and a school nurse were exposed to the drug, but they were given the emergency overdose drug Narcan just hearing it from teenagers and on social media and I know not to believe everything that comes out of 16 year olds amount. I raced a couple of them now, but that's all I have to go on because school is not letting me know anything else. The director of schools, doctor Christie Windsor says at no point to the school believed the student's safety was at risk and that parents were allowed to pick up their students at any point. She also says the district will take steps to curb any drug issues. High school Junior. Sophia Graves says the school has been trying to combat the drug problem around here, You're either, um, you graduate and go on or you go to jail. This information, leaving parents hesitant to send their kids back. A lot of parents are angry and they say mean things, but we were the ones that I know you have 500 kids, but I have one kid in there. That means everything to me.