Sting operation in Chapel Hill targets underage drinking
Chapel Hill police made seven arrests of adults Friday charged with giving or selling malt beverages to a minor, according to a report released Monday.Posted — Updated
Chapel Hill police made seven arrests of adults Friday charged with giving or selling malt beverages to a minor, according to a report released Monday.
Lt. Kevin Gunter, spokesman for the Chapel Hill Police Department, said the arrests were the result of a coordinated effort of underage buyers working with police to identify places where minors were being sold alcohol.
The following people were arrested:
- Laura Faye Chamberlain, 24, at 1001 Hamilton Road
- Angela Denise Leak, 48, at 618 Weaver Dairy Road
- Ward Mckinely Collins, 22, at 100 Europa Drive
- Rupesh F. Britto, 25, at 504 W. Franklin St.
- Merrick Nichols Rahl, 29, at 501 Meadomont Lane
- Juan Manuel Gonzaliz-Martinez, 31, at 128 E. Franklin St.
- Tonya Renee Smith, 33, at 1200 Raleigh Road