Go Ask Mom
Still looking for a preschool? Some openings
I asked our Facebook fans if they knew of any preschools with openings. The answer: Indeed, they doPosted — Updated
By Sarah Lindenfeld Hall
I asked our Go Ask Mom Facebook fans if they knew of any preschools with openings. The answer: Indeed, they do.
More than two dozen people posted about openings at preschools across the region.
My question was prompted by an email from one preschool - First Baptist Weekday Preschool - which has openings. The school is at 99 N. Salisbury St. in downtown Raleigh.
And straight from our Facebook page with just a few minor edits from me. I include websites when the poster included the website in her comment. Most, if not all of these schools, can be easily found in a Google search.
Here they are:
- AsheBridge Children's Academy in Cary has a few openings left for the older ones class through pre-K.
- Transitional Kindergarten at Learn With the Best in Cary is fantastic and has open spots.
- Windborne United Methodist Preschool on Six Forks (right off of 540) in Raleigh has openings in several of their classrooms. Great school with caring teachers!
- Lionsgate Child Development has openings for a half day program for 3-5 year old with a great teacher! This is in Clayton
- St Philip Lutheran in Raleigh across from Ravenscroft has openings! Our first year there and we love it! Very friendly, warm staff!
- Primrose of West Cary also has openings, especially in the 2-3-year-old classes. We have been there since 2008.
- Knightdale Baptist Church Preschool has a few openings - we LOVE them! Very reasonable! knightdalebaptistchurch.org/preschool.aspx
- Wake Cross Roads Baptist Church's Preschool Program (called The Creator's Kids). Has a few openings for the one-year- old to 3-year-olds classes. No openings for four year olds though. Great Preschool. Off 401 Close to Wake Forest/N. Raleigh
- Bridges and Beyond in Wake Forest has openings. They are awesome too! My three-year-old went to Bridges and Beyond for the summer and had so much fun!
- Greenwood Forest Children's Center in Cary has openings in the two-year-old class.
- Asbury Preschool on Creedmoor Road in Raleigh has some openings. We love it there!
- Little Pros Academy on Dunn Road in Raleigh does. They are awesome.
- Pretty sure Trinity Baptist Preschool does! Off Six Forks Road in Raleigh. Great school!
- Learning Together Preschool - 568 E. Lenoir Street - Raleigh
- Storybook Safari in North Raleigh is an amazing school offering both preschool and pre-k classes. I believe they may have a few openings. One of the most affordable schools available. www.storybooksafari.com
- Hayes Barton Baptist Preschool in Raleigh has a couple of openings in threes and fours.
- Millbrook Baptist Preschool has a couple of openings in the twos and threes. Millbrook Baptist will have an open house Monday, Nov. 7, from 10 a.m. to noon with a free music class for new prospective students!
- The Children's Place of Macedonia Baptist Church has openings in part time threes program.
- hopekids preschool at both the Durham and Garner campuses of newhope church have openings in a variety of classes. www.newhopenc.org For Garner contact Denyse Oeltjenbruns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919.779.6687. For Durham contact Kelli Gillespie at email@example.com or 919.206.HOPE.
- The Growing Place in Garner does. They have an infant class as well. Great program with great teachers
- Cary Presbyterian preschool. We love it there. The young threes have a spot.
- Knowledge Beginnings in Cary has openings for three and four year olds.
- Hocutts Childcare in Zebulon has openings for preschool and of all ages through elementary school.
Preschools typically begin accepting applications for the 2012-13 school year in January to March, though some, obviously, have openings now.
Check our preschool database for more preschools in the region.
Copyright 2023 by Capitol Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.